Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Guide writing for Ahri.

Creator: TinyStar August 30, 2013 8:48pm
TinyStar
<Altruistic Artist>
TinyStar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2013 8:48pm | Report
Okay,so would it be okay to repeat one or two items from your "core" section in your late game section? I know for me when I'm reading guides I want to read "this is a core item,but you can it early/mid/late game because blah blah blah." I know some people are very picky about info and would like to see them in whatever section.Also, I'm having a hard time deciding switching out DFG from core to a late game option. I don't know,cause to me when I see core items I think "before late game you should have these items because they are mandatory item." I'm also so worried about pleasing everyone,I'll lose sight of my true build that has been working for me and that has been approved by several of my mentors. I love hearing feed back. Like I know some people get pissssed when people give hard feedback about their guides. I personally love it, because sometimes I don't see something that you guys may see. Anyways, tell me what you think. I'm still in the middle of editing it,but just give me some advice. I enjoy it <3
Encross
<Member>
Encross's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2013 9:11pm | Report
I take a very simplistic approach to new builds.

If you're convinced Trinity Force should always be rushed over Hextech Gunblade then make a compelling case for it. Prove to me that you've reached this conclusion over the course of hours invested into the champion you're writing about.

Game statistics, replays, whatever. If you're against the meta, you're going to meet resistance unless you're putting a convincing alternative on the table that people can actually relate to.

I'm actually very open to new ideas and have no qualms with looking past things like ELO/etc. I just want to see that your approach to the champion is plausible and isn't just going against the meta for the sake of doing it.

tl;dr Keep your build the way you want it if you're convinced it's the best way to optimize your champion. You then need to prove to the masses that your way is the right way if you want to make any progress with upvotes.
TinyStar
<Altruistic Artist>
TinyStar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2013 9:48pm | Report
Encross wrote:

I take a very simplistic approach to new builds.

If you're convinced Trinity Force should always be rushed over Hextech Gunblade then make a compelling case for it. Prove to me that you've reached this conclusion over the course of hours invested into the champion you're writing about.

Game statistics, replays, whatever. If you're against the meta, you're going to meet resistance unless you're putting a convincing alternative on the table that people can actually relate to.

I'm actually very open to new ideas and have no qualms with looking past things like ELO/etc. I just want to see that your approach to the champion is plausible and isn't just going against the meta for the sake of doing it.

tl;dr Keep your build the way you want it if you're convinced it's the best way to optimize your champion. You then need to prove to the masses that your way is the right way if you want to make any progress with upvotes.

I just don't want to be cookie cutter you know,but I don't want to be too out there? You know what I mean? I never go against the meta,unless I'm just playing around. I saw a support Ahri a few weeks back and I'm like ._.; they also built AD on her.

I also believe when you write a guide you're not 100% right. That there are somethings that you can not be right on. It's hard to prove to people that your way works without it being cookie cutter. I think I saw a guide for taking ashe to the jungle,I don't think it was on Moba,but somewhere else. I do agree there are a few flaws in my guide and I'm working on fixing them.

I always love feed back though and like asking questions.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide