Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Can this guide be deleted?

Creator: GreenFrogs May 21, 2013 11:51pm
1 2
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2013 3:16am | Report
Yes, as Wayne mentioned, his guide will have some proper content soon :) Also note that, the voting is a little moot, his Diamond status is enough to have it featured. I realize that his Diamond status is controversial at the moment but, you'll have to take that up with Riot. Regardless, it is an in depth video guide, and once the guide content is complete, I feel it deserves a highlight regardless of who voted.

@Satella, you make it sound like we are here to terrorize and silence our own community, that isn't and has never been our style :) That said, I don't particularly appreciate the method GreenFrogs is using to encourage down voting. I encourage you to check out the video for yourself and wait until the full content is there before voting. At that point if you still want to down vote, that is absolutely your right :)

As I've mentioned elsewhere, we haven't given his guide any special treatment. His votes were legitimate, his Diamond status was verified through Riot, and there is a rule that applies to all guides and always has, that if you reach 70% score then your guide will be listed regardless of length. It just hasn't happened very often so it seems misleading, but it has always been that way.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2013 3:42am | Report
So far, he's being treated as the rest of us so I can't say I'm displeased but I think we need to take a look at the rules here because I don't think a video guide is the same.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2013 3:45am | Report
Yeah, it will have proper content soon. I'm open to discussion on that 70% rule. It's an old rule and, probably hasn't really come in to play in any major way until today.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2013 3:48am | Report
Matt wrote:

Yeah, it will have proper content soon. I'm open to discussion on that 70% rule. It's an old rule and, probably hasn't really come in to play in any major way until today.

Yeah I think that's the case as well. Personally I think we should get rid of it as we just want guides to be high rated and not builds. Sure it can be done in the form of a video but I don't think that's a proper guide. Videos can be assets to them but shouldn't make the entire guide.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2013 4:31am | Report
Pretty much every upvoter has created his account at 2013-05-21. That is something really strange, especially for a new guide.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2013 4:54am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Pretty much every upvoter has created his account at 2013-05-21. That is something really strange, especially for a new guide.

Athene advertised on his stream so that explains it.
GreenFrogs
<Member>
GreenFrogs's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2013 1:42pm | Report
Well at least some people are looking into it.
If you think I did a good job criticizing a guide or giving helpful info, or for just being a bawz of a bro, rep would be awesome :)

OR

Check out Dat Kha'zix Guide
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide