Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Guide Nitpicking Service

Creator: Vynertje March 17, 2016 3:25am
1 2
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2016 3:25am | Report
Hello everyone,

Today marks the glorious moment where I revive my guide review service! I have tried to revamp it a number of ways to avoid redundancy with other review services and to be as efficient as possible. If you're interested, please read the details below. In short: this service is aimed at helping you improve your guide in the most effective manner.

How it works
  • First of all, why should you request a review from me? I am a high-Elo player (S5 Master) and have focussed intensively on strategical elements of the game. I am also an experienced League coach/mentor and guide writer, so I have a feeling of what is needed in a good guide. Therefore, I know all the important details you may have forgotten about and I know how to convey that information to newer players. Finally, in 2014 my old review shop was awarded "Best Review Shop" by our forum members.
  • I only review sections from your guide. Requests to review a full guide are rejected. You can request sections like build, gameplay, skill explanations, cheat-sheet etc. Do however keep in mind that I'm a support main and may not know as much champion-specific details, especially for off-meta and non-support champions.
  • If you want to request multiple sections, start with one (1) section. After I've finished my review and you've worked on improving that section, you can request another section. This is a time saving measure so I do not waste my time on authors who do not bother with my suggestions: I've had many peop;e ask me for a review and not do anything with it at all.
  • I will thoroughly read that section and mention all parts I find lacking or suggest things that I think should be added. Do not expect a pat on the back from me if you did something right, I will try to stick to constructive criticism only. This is again mostly a time saving measure on my side, but also means my reviews are only effective if you are actually looking to improve the guide instead of fishing for nice words and upvotes.
  • As mentioned in the title, this is a nitpicking service so I will go over every detail that might seem irrelevant to you: I will explain why I think it is relevant.
  • I will reject all review requests from authors who have outstanding review requests at any of the other review shops on this forum. Get to work with their reviews first, then ask me again.
  • I won't vote unless I deem necessary.
  • Also, please do me a favour and stick to the request format below. This way I can guarantee I have all the information I need to work effectively.

Request format:
Champion (if applicable):
Requested section and chapter(s):
Link to guide and/or section:
Further comments (optional):

Happy guide writing!

Addendum: to clarify, a section does not have to be one chapter only. I define a section as parts of the guide that are linked together in a logical way. For example, a gameplay section could be a combination of the early, mid and late game chapters. Another section could be the pre game setup, consisting of runes, masteries and summoner spells. Of course, you can come up with your own definition of a section and therefore I will not strictly enforce this requirement. I may request you though to narrow it down if deemed necessary.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2016 5:41am | Report
Champion (if applicable): Tristana

Requested section and chapter number(s): The "General Gameplay" chapter, and if possible, all the theory/strategy bits (as opposed to the ones focused on mechanics) under the chapter "How to ADC", which are "Lane freezing", "Laning under towers", "Farming out of lane", and "Team fights".

Link to guide and/or section: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/vaporas-guide-to-tristana-447328

Further comments (optional): I mainly just want criticism to ensure I didn't write anything wrong, and if you can think of anything I could add that's good too. Also, a certain other Tristana guide keeps receiving mysterious upvotes (and sometimes my guide mysterious downvotes) whenever my guide's rating overtakes his. With that in mind, when you review/nitpick my own guide, I would like to remind you that it would be appreciated if you could make an effort to drop an upvote or downvote on my guide as you see fit, as the former, if you think my guide is worthy, would help to counteract the numerous upvotes that the guide with less visibility than mine keeps mysteriously receiving. :)
BlueMoon01
<Member>
BlueMoon01's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2016 5:35am | Report
Champion (if applicable): Viktor

Requested section and chapter number(s): "Masteries", "Summary", "Early ~ Late Game"

Link to guide and/or section: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/6-6-viktorious-guide-most-matchup-included-in-depth-451535

Further comments (optional): Need some guidance to improve my guide as I see my guide is pretty good and also because I couldn't find anything my guide lack of. So I need some suggestions and sorry if its a bad guide because its my first time publishing one. Downvotes or Upvotes are really appreciated and sorry for bad english. :<
MAS/SGMYID server player

Ask anything related to my guide away, will be glad to help!

+Rep me if it helped, would help me a lot too :)
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2016 6:06am | Report
BlueMoon01 wrote:

Requested section and chapter number(s): "Masteries", "Summary", "Early ~ Late Game"

Link to guide and/or section: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/6-6-viktorious-guide-most-matchup-included-in-depth-451535

Further comments (optional): Need some guidance to improve my guide as I see my guide is pretty good and also because I couldn't find anything my guide lack of. So I need some suggestions and sorry if its a bad guide because its my first time publishing one. Downvotes or Upvotes are really appreciated and sorry for bad english. :<

I think I made it pretty clear that:
1) I only review one section at a time, these are three sections
2) I do not vote unless I deem necessary, therefore it is pointless to ask for votes (even indirectly)

Please specify what section of these three you want me to go over first and I'll look into it.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2016 8:52am | Report
Responded to your comment on my guide, would appreciate your thoughts on what I said. Two heads are better than one and I don't have anyone else to discuss this stuff with. :^)
BlueMoon01
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2016 10:40pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

I think I made it pretty clear that:
1) I only review one section at a time, these are three sections
2) I do not vote unless I deem necessary, therefore it is pointless to ask for votes (even indirectly)

Please specify what section of these three you want me to go over first and I'll look into it.

Then I would need help on the mid game there though, I had no idea how to improve on the mid game section
MAS/SGMYID server player

mesa husa
<Member>
mesa husa's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2016 6:54pm | Report
Hi, this is my first attempt at a guide, so give me your thoughts. Area to be reviewed is runes because I've been getting lots of flak about them and I don't know why.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/mesas-twitch-458299
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2016 1:10am | Report
mesa husa wrote:
Hi, this is my first attempt at a guide, so give me your thoughts. Area to be reviewed is runes because I've been getting lots of flak about them and I don't know why.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/mesas-twitch-458299

Please follow the format I requested. Secondly, a question: this is a build, not a guide. What do you want me to say about just your build?
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2016 4:13am | Report
Mesa, I reviewed the runes on your guide myself. I doubt there's anything important Vynertje could add, so you can make do with my comment.
BlueMoon01
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2016 5:43am | Report

Requested section and chapter number(s): "Items"

Link to guide and/or section : http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/6-7-be-viktorious-in-depth-diamond-v-451535#chapter28

Further comments (optional) : Hello again Vynertje ! Just wanna make sure on how to update my items elaboration since I will update them in 6.9 for the mage updates. Also, I hope you won't get any frustuation reading at my bad guide :>

P.S : Did I missed any AP Items by any chances?
MAS/SGMYID server player

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide