Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

2015 NA LCS Summer Split Thread!

Creator: I want to be a Blitzball May 20, 2015 1:27pm
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2015 10:07pm | Report
I really hope that TDK stays together. They're just so good, and they would easily make it back next summer. TSM? You mean the team that has made me laugh more than any other team? I hope Gravity stomps them so they finally realize that Bjergsen can't 1 vs 5. If they should beat Gravity, I hope that Liquid beats them. TSM doesn't deserve finishing first after how bad they've been doing this entire split.

Sadly, TSM will most likely autoqualify for Worlds. They got 90 points from Spring, and with them making playoffs their total points can go from 110-180. They could obviously also win and instead get AQ without counting their points. If Liquid finishes at least 3rd, and TSM fails to make top 4, TSM would end up behind Liquid and whoever wins playoffs. TIP can only overtake TSM if they make it to the finals. They got 30 points from finishing 4th, and if they get 90 points from 2nd, they would've 120 points. That would force TSM to finish 4th so they get 130 points (90+40). If TSM doesn't make top 4, TIP will overtake if they finish 2nd. CLG will finish top 4. That means their points can go from 50-100. If TIP beats them, CLG will be forced into the gauntlet with 50 points. Gravity can't AQ for Worlds unless they win. Dignitas HAS to make top 4 if they even want to get into the gauntlet. They got 0 points, and I'm pretty sure that only 4 teams will compete in the gauntlet (3rd-6th). If they don't make top 4 they will only get 20 points. That's lower than Gravity ever can get. With C9 securing 7th, they keep their 70 points. If TIP doesn't make top 4, C9 will pull ahead of them. If TIP finishes 4th, they tie. CLG and Gravity need to finish 3rd or higher to overtake C9. Dig must finish 3rd to tie C9. They can't AQ for Worlds.

TL;DR: Huge mess when it comes to point. Any team can AQ for Worlds if they finish high enough and other teams chokes.
1. TIP makes the final and TSM don't make top 4. TIP will go to Worlds.
2. TSM makes top 4. No team can overtake them in points, Liquid can tie them by finishing 2nd and TSM finish 4th.
3. TSM will AQ if they make 3rd. It would give them 140 points, and no team can get more than 130 points.
4. Liquid will overtake TSM if they finish 3rd, and TSM 5th/6th.
5. CLG need to win in order to secure a spot at Worlds. Else TSM, TIP and Liquid need to choke.
6. Gravity must also win, but they will be seeded lower in the gauntlet if they don't.
7. Dig must pray that Gravity doesn't make it past quarters, and beg for a win over TIP.
8. Multiple scenarios for C9. They can still finish 3rd, giving them them highest gauntlet seed.

Think I covered most scenarios, but I'm sure I missed some or ignored an unlikely one.

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
BigBoxGamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2015 11:26pm | Report
TDK good? They suck as a team and their best players will without a doubt get scooped up by better teams. I'm still anticipating that Emperor is going to TSM.

On a side note, I finished in last place in my Fantasy LCS. I started of winning a game and losing a game and then I lost three straight to finish the split. My record is 3-6.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2015 1:18am | Report
You know that TDK probably would be top 6 if they had this roster the entire split? They're clearly better then NME, who look like the weakest team in NA. They're better than T8. They beat both C9, who beat TSM, and Gravity who were top 3 (4). They're better than Dig. I want them to stay together, just to see how good they can be. Not sure where you got your conclusion from.

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2015 1:29am | Report
TDK got rocked by both NME and T8 as well as 2-0'ed by TSM, TDK is the worst team in N.A with some good players and had maybe a handful of good games that were pretty good and actually won some because they didn't choke. There's just no chance that team stays together, and also note that the one game Kieth played for TSM that the team looked like they were in the usual winning form. If anything, TSM needs to replace WildTurtle and Emperor seems to fit that bill. I would suggest they go after Sneaky, but I see Sneaky staying since C9 didn't drop to the promotional tournament.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2015 1:54am | Report
W O R L D S H Y P E

Basically MOBAFire.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2015 2:24pm | Report
TSM should honestly be relegated for the last step of Reginald who makes every new coach worthless as he has 0 power in the team.
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2015 2:56pm | Report
I really hope that TDK stays together. They're just so good, and they would easily make it back next summer. TSM? You mean the team that has made me laugh more than any other team? I hope Gravity stomps them so they finally realize that Bjergsen can't 1 vs 5. If they should beat Gravity, I hope that Liquid beats them. TSM doesn't deserve finishing first after how bad they've been doing this entire split.

Sadly, TSM will most likely autoqualify for Worlds. They got 90 points from Spring, and with them making playoffs their total points can go from 110-180. They could obviously also win and instead get AQ without counting their points. If Liquid finishes at least 3rd, and TSM fails to make top 4, TSM would end up behind Liquid and whoever wins playoffs. TIP can only overtake TSM if they make it to the finals. They got 30 points from finishing 4th, and if they get 90 points from 2nd, they would've 120 points. That would force TSM to finish 4th so they get 130 points (90+40). If TSM doesn't make top 4, TIP will overtake if they finish 2nd. CLG will finish top 4. That means their points can go from 50-100. If TIP beats them, CLG will be forced into the gauntlet with 50 points. Gravity can't AQ for Worlds unless they win. Dignitas HAS to make top 4 if they even want to get into the gauntlet. They got 0 points, and I'm pretty sure that only 4 teams will compete in the gauntlet (3rd-6th). If they don't make top 4 they will only get 20 points. That's lower than Gravity ever can get. With C9 securing 7th, they keep their 70 points. If TIP doesn't make top 4, C9 will pull ahead of them. If TIP finishes 4th, they tie. CLG and Gravity need to finish 3rd or higher to overtake C9. Dig must finish 3rd to tie C9. They can't AQ for Worlds.

TL;DR: Huge mess when it comes to point. Any team can AQ for Worlds if they finish high enough and other teams chokes.
1. TIP makes the final and TSM don't make top 4. TIP will go to Worlds.
2. TSM makes top 4. No team can overtake them in points, Liquid can tie them by finishing 2nd and TSM finish 4th.
3. TSM will AQ if they make 3rd. It would give them 140 points, and no team can get more than 130 points.
4. Liquid will overtake TSM if they finish 3rd, and TSM 5th/6th.
5. CLG need to win in order to secure a spot at Worlds. Else TSM, TIP and Liquid need to choke.
6. Gravity must also win, but they will be seeded lower in the gauntlet if they don't.
7. Dig must pray that Gravity doesn't make it past quarters, and beg for a win over TIP.
8. Multiple scenarios for C9. They can still finish 3rd, giving them them highest gauntlet seed.

Think I covered most scenarios, but I'm sure I missed some or ignored an unlikely one.

Im hoping TiP and Liquid are the two na teams.

So i can see Impact and piglet vs old friend faker and skt1.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2015 1:25pm | Report

Hype!

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2015 2:20pm | Report
Go Team Piglet! I mean Team Liquid!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2015 11:45am | Report
Dignitas is better at cooking than playing the game.
He is gonna kill you!!!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide