Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

drakon136's Ranked Adventures~

Creator: drakon136 August 17, 2013 11:53pm
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2013 12:26pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

^ Right, but if you're good enough to beat people with these champs, why not simply pick actually good top lane champions instead and climb even higher?

I mean, just off the top of my head I can already think of Zac, Shen, Malphite, Nasus, Irelia, Jax, Aatrox, Tryndamere, Singed, Lissandra, Elise, Renekton, Wukong, Trundle, Jarvan IV, Xin Zhao, Kennen, Vladimir, Rumble and Riven who are all (arguably) better than the three champions he plays :P

Don't own Zac, Shen, Irelia, Aatrox, Lissandra, Elise, Renekton, Wukong, Trundle, Jarvan, Xin, Kennen, Vlad, Rumble, or Riven. Malphite is always banned and I prefer to build him crit or jungle with him. Don't really like Nasus, Jax, Tryndamere, or Singed.

Yeah, I don't have the largest champion pool. At the very least, I have a better variety in Gangplank alone than I do mid-laners combined; two assassins and Morgana.

Also, Fiddlesticks top works surprisingly well in Silver. Easy harrass with Bountiful Harvest and Reap, pretty hard to gank with his Terrify. Have to build him as a tank though, or you'll get stomped by the stronger top laners.
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2013 1:21pm | Report

This game went quite well. Our lanes were AP Nidalee top, Katarina mid, Vayne/Alistar bot, with me jungling as Rammus. They had Leona/Ezreal bot, Kayle mid, Shen top, with Cho'Gath jungling.

Decided I was going smiteless red -> blue for a quick gank on bot lane. As I was grabbing my blue, Cho'Gath was running down to bot for a gank. Alistar and Vayne got Ezreal and Cho'Gath pretty low during the fight, so I picked up an easy first blood on Ezreal, although I had to flash for it. All summoners down both bot lanes, and both Cho and I burnt our flashes as well.

From there, I continued ganking other lanes, occasionally sneaking into their jungle to steal red. Made the mistake of fighting Cho'Gath after stealing his red when I was below half and he was full. Kayle came in and Shen ulted Cho'Gath, so I ran. Katarina showed up as well and picked off Kayle though. I almost got away with a sliver of health, but Shen came out of a bush a bit past our T1 at bot and picked me off, getting double buffs from it.

Just a moment later, I successfully ganked top-lane, giving double buffs back to our Nidalee. Almost immediately, their entire team showed up, followed by Katarina and Vayne. I charged into the team, taunting Cho'Gath, while Katarina dove in and tore them apart with her ult. Vayne died almost immediately, as usual. Lost Vayne in the fight, but took down Shen (from before), Kayle, and Leona. All summoners were down at this point.

Nothing else interesting to say, really. All in all, it was a good game. We made some good plays, and some bad plays.
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2013 3:15pm | Report

This game was embarrassing and I don't want to talk about it.
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2013 3:57pm | Report
I forgot this thread existed.
Progress!

I ask first pick to ban Fizz, he bans Vayne instead. Guess who they pick? Didn't really matter though, just took Barrier and got first blood when he all-in'd me at 3. Kinda stomped him into the dirt, and he ragequit a couple minutes before they surrendered.
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2013 4:50pm | Report
Back to the drawing board.First game as support Nunu ever. All Ziggs' fault.

Explanation time. I called mid, Tailmon said he would fill. When it's our turn to pick, he locks in Ziggs, so I panic and pick Nunu. In-game, he claims he saw himself say 'fill' then an empty chat. What a load of ****.

We were winning too, but then we decided it'd be a good idea to feed Twitch and lost.
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2013 5:47pm | Report
Progress!tl;dr: Jarvan's a douche, throws all around, lag burns my very soul.

Too lazy to give an overview of this match. Take a look at the top-right corner in the next image.

Yeah. Lag burns my soul.
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2013 7:16pm | Report
Forgot to take a screenshot of my most recent game, but we got stomped and surrendered at 20. Turns out I'm pretty bad at Kassadin.

I've also learned that I have a bit of a temper.
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2013 8:21pm | Report
Well, that one ended quickly. Not much to say here; I got fed but couldn't carry.

And yes, I'm still just as bad at landing ults as I was during the inhouses.
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2013 9:40am | Report
Getting there. Not much interesting to say about that game.
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2013 10:23am | Report
I came, I saw, I ks'd.
Progress!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide