Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

IEM worlds groups

Creator: Cooper112 March 3, 2015 1:22pm
32 posts - page 3 of 4
lanilwow
<Member>
lanilwow's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2015 7:46pm | Report
Some amazing games today!

I can't wait to see what happens on Sunday!

I'm watching it with my 7 year old son. He asks, "If they are the best in the world how did they lose?"

I think I over hyped GET too much to him... I did expect better than what I saw today!

(Though we are in NA so we will be cheering hard for TSM tomorrow!)
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2015 9:59pm | Report
Idk i think this year korea is not heads above everyone. I think china will win mid season and worlds but we will see cant really predict anything atm.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2015 1:16am | Report
I have to wonder.... What the heck changed to make KR NOT be leagues above everyone else?
Like, if you look back at S4 worlds, the tournament was basically over when NWS beat SKT T1 in the LCK summer split Tiebreaker match - SSW was the clear winner, and there was no question about it.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2015 1:45am | Report
That's an interesting question and there's probably no absolute explanation so I'm just going to just list some thoughts to discuss.

- The dissolution and transfers of some of the strongest Korean teams, coaches and players. Knowledge about Korean playstyle was basically spread around the other regions.

- China was actually always the closest to Korea. With the transfer of Korean players and coaches, I guess you could say the gap closed. After that, NA seemed the most serious since last year about getting into the Koreans' heads.

- The pickup of strong Korean players, especially in China.

- There are more and more serious organisation made for the teams with coaches and analysts.

- Lots more game information available on every region in the world. If you see a new champion used in another region, loads of people know within 24 hours.

- Bo1s are difficult to adjust to, so it's possible to cheese advantages with unexpected plays, whereas Korean teams were always better at showing adaptability in Bo3s/Bo5s.

- Jungle and item changes were pretty massive on the game dynamics. Dragons and Barons have changed in priorities and the first jungle clear has changed ganking patterns too.
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2015 1:47am | Report
utopus wrote:
I have to wonder.... What the heck changed to make KR NOT be leagues above everyone else?
Like, if you look back at S4 worlds, the tournament was basically over when NWS beat SKT T1 in the LCK summer split Tiebreaker match - SSW was the clear winner, and there was no question about it.
China happened alot of team changes and talent left. Then you have fact other regions just improving. All of samsung left for china and just all alot of talent is lost and spread more to other regions. Alot of top players in there role when to china. I still think korea is strongest region but not unstoppable like with skt1 and samsung white in s3 and s4.

Flame
Dandy
Mata
Looper
dade
Acorn
imp
Deft
PawN
Kakao
RooKie
Save
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2015 1:54am | Report
GE Tigers is an incredible team, but they lack the individual skill that say Samsung White had or SKT has. Pray is Amazing, but I Think the rest are pretty Reliant on each other. They are all good, but are a lot more team based. SKT has the raw skill of Faker, which can hard carry games.

If we look at Team WE, they had the better mid and a great jungler. Second, WE played an really aggressive style and GE looked like they couldn't handle it. GE will bounce back in the LCK, they played way too cocky in the 2nd game.

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2015 3:29am | Report
utopus wrote:

The league changes (OGN becoming LCK) meant that teams didn't necessarily have a set roster any more and this caused the best players (especially the Samsung teams) to leave, while the other teams all had to make roster changes which caused them to struggle a little bit.

Besides that, the other regions are slowly catching up; the coaching ruling from Riot was one step in the right direction as the 'infrastructure' in the west was lacking up until then. Don't forget as well that C9 and Alliance already went 1-1 in there games against Najin White Shield at Worlds so it wasn't like Koreans were 100% unbeatable at all.

Finally, you are basing this statement on a single tournament with no best-of-5's (meaning a wildcard team like WE with 2 solo queue superstars can upset a favourite whereas a BO5 would significantly lower this chance) so I would say it still doesn't mean THAT much at all. The other regions have been creeping up on Korea, but by no means managed to catch up yet.
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2015 12:55pm | Report
Wow lust boy what a god with the amazing initiations that made the comeback.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2015 3:19pm | Report
TSM! TSM!

Basically MOBAFire.
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2015 5:38pm | Report
To bad it was not GE vs TSM would have been much more competitive series and we could have actually seen how good na is.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide