Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

A New Champion Approaches: Nocturne, the...

Creator: Visfarix March 10, 2011 10:06am
1 2 3 4
Visfarix
<Member>
Visfarix's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 10:06am | Report
Quoted:
Lore:

Before Nocturne, people believed that dreams were figments of their imaginations, meaningless images that flashed through the mind when one slept. This belief was put to the test when a rash of sleep-related incidents started afflicting summoners of the League. Some would wake up screaming, terrified and beyond consolation. Some could not fall asleep, slowly going mad as the nights ticked by. Some simply never woke up. Physicians were baffled until a Field Architect happened to pass out next to a nexus on The Twisted Treeline. Witnesses said he cried out once and then stopped breathing. Immediately after, magical energy arced out from the nexus, and Nocturne appeared.

Nocturne did not take his introduction to this world kindly. He slaughtered everything he could find before summoners were able to magically confine him. After a period of intense study, League experts divined that Nocturne hunted summoners in their sleep, attacking them in a place where their magic was useless. This seemed to be his only purpose. The families of the victims demanded justice, but League officials were concerned that death might only return Nocturne to the place from which he came. They bound him to a nexus fragment, trapping him in the physical world. As punishment for his crimes, they allowed summoners to call upon Nocturne in League matches, bending his will to the summoners he hates and creating his own personal nightmare. League scholars don’t know whether he truly came from the plane of dreams, or whether there are any more like him. Some theorize that the summoning act affected summoners’ the subconscious minds, luring Nocturne to them in their sleep. Perhaps the most disturbing theory is that Nocturne is a person’s nightmare come to life. If this is true, they wonder, who is the dreamer?

“The darkness is closing in... it’s pitch black now... but I can still see him...” -Kelvin Ma, patient #4236

Abilities:

Duskbringer: Nocturne throws a shadow blade which deals damage, leaves a Dusk Trail, and causes champions to leave a Dusk Trail. While on the trail, Nocturne ignores unit collision and has increased Movement Speed.

Shroud of Darkness: Nocturne empowers his blades, passively gaining attack speed. Activating Shroud of Darkness allows Nocturne fades into the shadows, creating a magical barrier which blocks a single enemy spell and doubles his passive attack speed if successful.

Unspeakable Horror: Nocturne plants a nightmare into his target's mind, dealing damage each second and fearing the target if they do not get out of range by the end of the duration.

Paranoia (Ultimate): Nocturne reduces the sight radius of all enemy champions and removes their ally vision in the process. He can then launch himself at a nearby enemy champion.

Umbra Blades (Passive): Every 10 seconds, Nocturne's next attack strikes surrounding enemies for physical damage and heals himself for each target hit. Nocturne's physical attacks reduce this cooldown by 1 second.

OMG does this guy look awesome or what?!?! That ultimate is the freaking bomb! talk about anti-TF ult

I just want to keep smiling FOREVER
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 10:12am | Report
tf can still see the enemy, so he can still ping where they are etc.

his ultimate only really changes situations where teams are spread out or they have someone no where near the rest of their team, making it a lot easier to gank and pick off those people.
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 10:49am | Report
He is similar to Spectre! :D his Duskbringer is exactly like Spectre's dagger. His ultimate seems interesting. I am so happy! :D
Thanks to Minho for my sig!
ShadowReign757
<Member>
ShadowReign757's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 11:02am | Report
Mowen wrote:

He is similar to Spectre! :D his Duskbringer is exactly like Spectre's dagger. His ultimate seems interesting. I am so happy! :D

I was thinking the exact same thing. I was like "OMG it's Spectre".

Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid.

Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 11:27am | Report
HOLY MOTHER OF EVERYTHING IS LEGENDARY, SEXY AND AWESOME! INSTA MOTHER FLIPPIN' BUY!

*Girly squeak*
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 11:29am | Report
Please don't be 6300... I want my Spectre back! :( I wonder what some of his skins will look like? He seems like a hard hero to skin besides just changing his colors.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 11:30am | Report
I'm getting the bundle... TWICE!
Cavok
<Member>
Cavok's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 11:33am | Report
Seems like a Spectre port, kind of happy about this. The ulti looks like it'll be sick if you can use it on 2+ targets.

e: Derp, just reread it, seems like it'll be op since it affects all enemy champions.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 11:38am | Report
hopefully he'll be able to jungle
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2011 11:39am | Report
hmm. no the ult doesnt sound that op. i have a feeling that banshees veil will be a must against him, sucks how banshees blocks tfs ult so its gonna work with this one.

one thing though that seems to bug me, what will his range be? i mean its obvious that hes going to be a melee champion but those.. blades do extend quite far, and it seems meaningless to strike with the hands when you have those huge things attached to your arms.

i like the dagger thing, some poke combined with a sort of ghost.

all in all he'll be a great champion. definitely 6300. i just wish i was good with ad carries as he definitely looks like one.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide