Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Taric Tank?

Creator: nomad93 March 14, 2011 12:23pm
6 posts - page 1 of 1
nomad93
<Member>
nomad93's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2011 12:23pm | Report
Please tell explain to my friends why taric should not be a tank other then for the lolz taric tank, its annoying how often they say he is a tank when someone like cho or singed are alot better
Jvstm
<Member>
Jvstm's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2011 1:04pm | Report
Taric is a fine tank.
That being said, I REALLY prefer playing a support role on Taric, but I'm also a sucker for healers in this game :)
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2011 1:19pm | Report
Taric is a bad tank*

You should never ever ever ever build him tank or pick him on the assumption you're going to be building tank.

You don't want to be focused as taric, makes your job a lot harder when your, you know, CC'd and dead.
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2011 1:22pm | Report
yeah. taric is one of my favorite champions and i usually build pure ap with a support item or 2 thrown in, usually the Soul Shroud

what most people fail to realize is the sheer nukability in his skills, combined with the fact that his heal is a 110% ratio. (150% if you cast it on yourself.. hehe.)
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2011 2:11pm | Report
Taric is an emergency/niche tank at best.

Sure, he tanks worse than someone like Cho'gath or Shen, but he has his facets. His aura is nice, and he's got CC (and a lot of things that make tanks good), but the thing is every one of those things is utilized just as well, if not better, if he plays support. He can buy and Aegis of the Legion and a Soul Shroud and he'll be plenty tanky, while still being able to focus heavily on support.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2011 4:09pm | Report
He can be off tank-y but that's only due to his healing and auras which you should be staying alive for helping your team with. He can take heavy damage but as with any good healer you really want to keep your focus on HEALING.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide