Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Can assassins carry low elo games?

Creator: pepsiM4A1 January 4, 2013 7:21am
1 2
pepsiM4A1
<Guide Critic>
pepsiM4A1's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2013 7:21am | Report
Lately, I discovered that I love playing assassins such as Talon, Kha'Zix, Diana and Ahri. My question is: When I am an assassin I use all I have (usually) to kill the enemy carry but after I kill him, my team usually dies since I can't go back in the fight immediately(I must wait for some cooldowns). This is my own experience.
Can someone tell me how he can carry games with assassins when their teammates aren't good players or just don't have damage?
Check out my Aatrox guide!
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2013 7:29am | Report
blue buff, cool-downs, etc.

Assassins usually can't 'carry' on their own, unless they're good. Ahri Diana and Kha'Zix can surely carry on their own, it's just tough. Talons REALLY strong now and he has an advantage of being AD, so he can us autos in the fight as well.

If your team can't do damage then you're ADC is stupid and you're probably mid (with the exception of kha'zix) meaning your top is probably the tank and your jungler probably doesn't know how to jungle. In those situations, you look for a moment to take a heavy hitter (not ALWAYS the ADC) out, and then wait for your cool-downs.

If it's late game, you don't NEED to force a fight to take turrets or baron. Gib someone, get out, go split push, there's nothing they can do: they go after you, they're split up, making it an easier fight, if they go after you with anything less than 2 people chances are you get a kill because you're an assassin great at 1v1ing. you continue to push and probably get the tower. they go after you team, your team dies and you likely get a tower and a half while that's happening.

Carrying games doesn't mean winning team fights, it means getting objectives, rallying the team in a primary strategy (for example early game burst such as draven nidalee leblanc talon or something getting together and just instagibbing a lane and pushing it to take early towers), etc. Don't think you can't carry because you can't be in the fight, talk strategy with the team. "hey guys, I'm an assassin so I won't be able to stay in the fight, maybe after we lower their numbers we should split push" or "hey guys, once we kill one of them lets dragon, they won't be able to contest it" etc.

It takes more than team fight ability to carry a game.

hope this helped.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
pepsiM4A1
<Guide Critic>
pepsiM4A1's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2013 7:54am | Report
I don't know what you are talking about, I play Kha'Zix as a mid laner and you said that Talon has an advantage cause he is AD, Kha'Zix is AD too and Diana's autoattacks are really powerfull. And you said, an assassin can't carry on their own, unless they are good. What is the difference beetween a good assassin and an average assassin?
When I play ranked, I remember every strategy ranked teams used in tournaments, pro players used in streams but you know, if my team cooperated, winning solo queue would be too easy, don't you think? I am not sure about what you said:
Shuru wrote:
they go after you team, your team dies and you likely get a tower and a half while that's happening.

That is a really bad exchange. Tell me how are you going to defend if the whole enemy team pushes? You are on your own after your team dies, you won't be able to do something and after they destroy your team it is most likely they are going to stop you, or kill you thus meaning you will have to back away and you won't be able to continue pushing...
Thanks for your response but I need people who can be more precised.
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2013 8:07am | Report
Your guys' theory is awful. Long story short, of course assassins can carry. Have you ever even SEEN an Evelyn?
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2013 10:42am | Report
Yeah I read over my post and see so many issues with it now, I was really rushed for time, sorry bout that :X
Ban out GoodPlays GG
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2013 10:44am | Report

Your guys' theory is awful. Long story short, of course assassins can carry. Have you ever even SEEN an Evelyn?

This^

Do you know who Akali is?
+Rep me if i'm useful!
pepsiM4A1
<Guide Critic>
pepsiM4A1's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2013 11:46am | Report
Eve can carry, sure Akali can too, but I ask this as a general question, yes or no, plus that Akali can dash so many times and her only long cooldown is her W thus giving her an advantage.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2013 12:41pm | Report
Talon carries like a donkey on crack. He's got ( or had when I last checked ) the highest win ratio in bronze, silver and gold Elos.

Kha'zix can carry, but his late-game isn't as good as Talon's. Early-game he's a beast though, he can practically win the game before laning phase ends.

Diana can carry, but I don't know if the Diana's that sometimes ruin my games carry because my team are too stupid to focus them, or they're somehow better than other Diana's.

Ahri idk.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2013 12:43pm | Report
How good is Akali right now?
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2013 12:48pm | Report
Not very good I think... But I'm not too sure, I might just not be seeing the right Akalis. :P
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide