Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Champ Recommendations?

Creator: igrad April 19, 2013 10:31pm
1 2
igrad
<Member>
igrad's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2013 10:31pm | Report
Hi all!

I'm sure these forums get threads like this all too frequently, but I really am in a pickle as to what champion I want to purchase next. I've found myself enjoying Tank role in my group of comrades, and I've particularly taken to Nautilus and Tryndamere. I also don't mind playing as AD Carries, namely Ashe, with an occasional AP Teemo (since I only have a handful of champions).

I'm at roughly 4700 IP at the moment. I've been trying to find a heavy sort of champion, but not one that's purely a damage sponge like Mundo or Sion. I've looked at Thresh, Darius, and Galio so far and I can't seem to make up my mind. If anyone has any suggestions or critiques of my prospects, please leave a comment.

Thanks!
Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2013 10:37pm | Report
well, First off, Tryndamere isn't a tank.

Anyways, Jarvan isn't very strong in lane, but he's still a decent jungle, as is Hecarim.

Galio is pretty lame right now, and thresh is the best support in the game if people know how to use your lanterns.

Darius is OK, not the best, but he's decent, he's an all in champion though, so don't pick him if you think you'll need to disengage.

Cho'gath is another really strong pick, who can sustain in lane and in jungle, and is just a general pain to fight against.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2013 10:48pm | Report
chogath is probably your best bet if you want a tank
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
WOMBO
<Member>
WOMBO's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2013 12:26pm | Report
Shuru wrote:

Anyways, Jarvan isn't very strong in lane, but he's still a decent jungle, as is Hecarim.

Galio is pretty lame right now, and thresh is the best support in the game if people know how to use your lanterns.

since when was jarvan a weak laner? he's pretty strong laning and jungling
galio isn't lame, he's just a niche pick
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2013 12:51pm | Report
If you like being in the front line taking a lot of the brunt of your opponents, i'd strongly recommend singed. He doesn't cost much IP wise, he has an interesting laning phase, deals significant damage in a team fight, and is evasive enough to always get out of team fights with just enough health to survive.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2013 1:50pm | Report
utopus wrote:

If you like being in the front line taking a lot of the brunt of your opponents, i'd strongly recommend singed. He doesn't cost much IP wise, he has an interesting laning phase, deals significant damage in a team fight, and is evasive enough to always get out of team fights with just enough health to survive.

Like being the center of attention?

Play Singed np
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
Joshified
<Member>
Joshified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2013 6:21pm | Report
Singed is love in its purest form.

Mundo goes where he pleases.

And pleases, where he goes.

Shuru
<Member>
Shuru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2013 8:50pm | Report
Jarvan is easily counterable by a lot of popular tops these days.

His strength in the jungle is quite impressive, which makes him a better candidate there than in lane. He still works in lane, just not as well, and I reserve him more or less for counter reasons if I'm going top.

As it happens, Throatslasher's Tier list lists him as a Tier 4 Solo top champion. This is NOT good.
Ban out GoodPlays GG
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2013 6:46am | Report
Singed, Cho'Gath, Dr. Mundo

As for ADC, Miss Fortune (easy mode) and Twitch (more skill required).
Scott Azrael
<Member>
Scott Azrael's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2013 7:47am | Report
Some champs not mentioned:

Tanks: Shen, Udyr, Jax, Malphite
ADC: Tristana can get for free, Caitlyn, Ezreal
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide