Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Draft Pick & Instalocking

Creator: R4GE February 15, 2014 1:19am
R4GE
<Member>
R4GE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2014 1:19am | Report
In Draft Pick I've heard about " Pick Order " but I've never experienced that before because everyone still instalocks, and no one is communicating. I'm not the person who instalocks, I pick the role that's left after all the insttalockers, and sometimes there are only me and another guy who didn't instalock, and the problem is this guy refusing communicate when I'm asking which lane there is left for me to take. Everyone are just spamming the roles they want to and flaming on each other when they chose the same role, so I don't know which lane to take!

How do I solve this problem with instalockers? Can I just pick the role I want to play when it's my turn to choose, but what is someone who have the 5th pick wants the role, because he will flame me to hell and spam report the whole game?
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2014 1:42am | Report
If you are one of the last two to pick, I'd say you pick what you want to play, but without locking it in. This gives the other guy plenty of time to evaluate whether he wants to take the last role, or enquire for the role you picked. Then, if you want to be the good-guy, you give him what he wants.

Also, all of these insta-lockers are there to help you. They prepare you of the mentality that those who pick first, get to pick actually first. That's how it goes in ranked as well, with some FriendlierThanRankedwisedlyPossibleExceptions. The more prepared you are for playing any role, being happy with it, and doing your best, the higher your chances of a general winning trend will be. That said, if you get to pick a role which you are better at than another, that's also a bonus. Just don't lock it, causing annoyance towards the guy who picks at the same time as you, and you'll be fine. :)

Kirluu~
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2014 2:03am | Report
Be ready to play what your team needs. **** you and what you want.

Go in with that mind set, and you will never be surprised.

Btw I didn't read your thread. Typical Toshabi. My advice still works.
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

Out Of Pancakes
<Inhouse Addict>
Out Of Pancakes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2014 2:24am | Report
I agree with what was said. Be ready to play anything, try to communicate, if it doesn't work than select a champion but don't lock it to be able to swap if needed. Sometimes, selecting a champion make them saying "im top/mid/etc".
R4GE
<Member>
R4GE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2014 4:27am | Report
Thanks for the responses. I can play almost every single role, and I choose the role my team need. Pancakes & Kirluu, your advises helped me a lot.
dragon00bicus
<Member>
dragon00bicus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2014 8:15am | Report
That goes for most of you, I main support, and I have little to no quarrels with others in ranked pick since most don't want to do support. The few exceptions are duo bot and trolls, wherein I'll take Soraka Top / Karma Jungle.

Gold II, somebody's something.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2014 10:27am | Report

I agree with what was said. Be ready to play anything, try to communicate, if it doesn't work than select a champion but don't lock it to be able to swap if needed. Sometimes, selecting a champion make them saying "im top/mid/etc".

YEAH, YOU'RE WELCOME TOO! >:[

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide