Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Early Ganking, Less Item-Dependent Champ

Creator: Kigrax October 31, 2011 12:11am
Kigrax
<Member>
Kigrax's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 12:11am | Report
Looking for a new champion. I'm okay with jungling but getting sick of farming in lane.

Looking for a champion that doesn't build tank items, has a relatively low item dependency, and can gank early (pre-11). I have lots of experience with Ezreal and Vayne for reference.

Ideas: Akali, Katarina, LeBlanc, Lee Sin, Nocturne, Pantheon, Shaco, Talon, Xin Zhao, Cassiopeia, Graves, Fiddlesticks, Malzahar, Miss Fortune, Nidalee, Tristana, Udyr.

I have little to no experience with them and don't know how item dependent they are or how early they can gank. Thanks for any info.
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 12:39am | Report
Wait, pre-11 is early ganking? O_o

If you're using a level spread that wide, you'll be hard pressed to find champs that aren't at least a certain degree of item dependent. I could pick out the soft carries for you that require level more than items, but that's sort of variable.

Here's a list of when these champs can gank (to the best of my knowledge):
Pre-4: Lee Sin, Xin Zhao, Udyr
Pre-6: Shaco, Talon, Graves, Pantheon, Cassiopeia
At- 6: Akali, LeBanc, Katarina, Nocturne, Fiddlesticks, Malzahar, Nidalee, Tristana, (almost anyone, really)

Most carries are going to be item dependent, especially the AD carries (MF, Tristana, etc). Item dependency is usually just in relation to the champs that you are going up against.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 12:53am | Report
mundo jungle can gank at level 3.

he can also take red instead but he'd have to back after taking red.

i can give you some tips if you want.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 1:09am | Report
Also, are you looking for junglers that can gank early? Any champ that can leave the lane and gank? Or just how the ones on your list do when they try to jump to a different lane?
Kigrax
<Member>
Kigrax's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 7:03am | Report
Thanks for all the responses and sorry if I was unclear. I didn't mean the champion has to be a jungler or that I want to run with no items. I'm willing to farm for a little bit, but not like Ashe would farm nonstop until 13+. Assassins like Irelia don't fit me because she is very item dependent and basically need triforce before she can fight.

I'm around level 26 and have full arpen marks + quints and full armor seals but no glyphs. I'm also talking about mostly solo ganking, so I'm not looking to play roaming Alistar or another support class.

I guess what I'm asking is which of those list are the least item dependent, perhaps loosely ranked numerically. The few games I played with Lee Sin were fun but I didn't jungle and most people build him a little tanky. Can you recommend a good beginner jungling guide for him and a pure damage build?

Xin Zhao also looks interesting but his skillset doesn't look that much fun. Effective maybe but not very fun to use the gap closer and steroids and then auto attack.

Shaco seems more up my ally but he seems very week. I don't mind falling off lategame or being less useful in teamfights. Is there an up to date jungle guide and damage build for him you know of?

I'm also interested in LeBlanc but know almost nothing about her except that she falls off lategame as well. I know a bit more about Kassadin but he has a really awful game which is the opposite of what I'm looking for.

Out of all the AP champs I'd probably play Cassiopeia or Brand, and I have a little free week experience with them. But maybe I'll try them later
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 7:13am | Report
AP Sion is good if you want someone who can lane and gank. Using his shield you can clear the whole minion wave and then go gank side lanes and get kills while your lane is pushed.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide