Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

From DotA to LoL

Creator: Yasutsuna August 20, 2013 8:48am
Yasutsuna
<Member>
Yasutsuna's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2013 8:48am | Report
I have played DotA for 6 years and decided to give LoL a try because a lot people say it's more challenging and so.

Now, in DotA, I have been playing the role of Carry massively, does LoL include champions of these roles too?

And are there any easy-to-learn heroes for me to learn apart from Ashe? I still training her but decided to widen my options since she doesn't fit into every line-up.

Thanks!

"League killed my family... Now I need revenge. As soon as I get out of my room." - Nobody ever.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2013 8:54am | Report
Just pick w/e champion looks fun and have fun! The more you level, the better idea you get from LoL.

A couple of easy to learn champs would be: Garen, Ashe, Ryze, Caitlyn, Shen and Sona.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2013 8:54am | Report
Miss Fortune is fairly easy to learn and my favorite.

Vayne is right now the best ADC, but requires more skill. Given your experience, shouldn't be that hard.

Varus and Caitlyn are also in a good spot, but again not so easy to learn.

Also, a Carry in LoL can also be an AP mid laner like Ahri, Fizz, Katarina, Syndra and the ever feared Kassadin.
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2013 8:57am | Report
There are to sorts of Carries in LoL: Either the Ability Power carries like Ahri or Lux and Attack Damage carries like Ashe. For AD Carries I would recommend you carries with a high range and a good ability to farm first. Caitlyn for example is one the carries with the highest ranges and her auto attack animation is smooth it's relativly easy to farm minions with her. She has got a "finisher" ability with her ultimate and a tool to escape ...
Actual Carries which are strong too: Vayne!, Twitch or Varus
Thanks to Ubnoxius for this sig!
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2013 11:01am | Report
In case you looking for attack damage carries, who rely on auto attacks:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/blog/joxuu/who-is-your-adc-and-what-does-he-do

Can't say much about AP carries, haven't gotent into the world of mid troughoutly yet. I'd generally follow GrandmasterD's advice to take a look at every role.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Yasutsuna
<Member>
Yasutsuna's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2013 9:14pm | Report
Thanks for the response guys. I'm trying a few new heroes here.

"League killed my family... Now I need revenge. As soon as I get out of my room." - Nobody ever.
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2013 9:59pm | Report
Go for anyone with the recommended tag. They are often pretty easy to handle and have simple it's to work with.
Bweezle
<Member>
Bweezle's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2013 11:17pm | Report
Who did you play in Dota? That'll help a lot in finding a champion suited to your style.
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2013 1:49am | Report
Some easy AD Carries would be Miss Fortune, Graves and maybe Caitlyn.
If we're talking AP Carries I would recommend Ahri, Lux or Morgana.
Or if you want to play with the big guys immediately then we have as AD: Corki, Ezreal, Vayne, Kog'Maw or Varus.
And as AP: Karthus, LeBlanc, Kassadin, Malzahar and Anivia.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide