Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Is supportlesticks still a strong pick?

Creator: utopus December 14, 2013 1:43am
1 2
Support fiddle viable?
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2013 1:43am | Report
hey guys, so finals week just ended for me, and i'm looking to get back into league, and also update my twitch guide.

From people's experiences, is support fiddle at all good anymore, with the nerf to his Terrify? I'm eager to try out the new support playstyle, and I'm wondering if i should just avoid playing fiddle support
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2013 1:54am | Report
2,25 seconds is still a long time, obviously not as long as 3 seconds, but still. The lane phase should be around the same, since the nerf only really affected Terrify for later levels, not the early levels. Later in the game Fiddlesticks will of course suffer from this nerf, but to what extent I didn't really experience yet.

Also, I was wondering. Now that Terrify and Puncturing Taunt are nerfed, does that mean that as a regular ability, Veigar's Event Horizon has the longest hard CC? :D
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2013 2:57am | Report
Who the **** needs Fiddlesticks support now? Go Veigar support and burst the enemy apc in fights. Also, support Annie's worst nightmare.

Baleful Strike + Relic Shield works good aswell.
He is gonna kill you!!!
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2013 3:33am | Report
good thing veigar is as tanky as a wet paper towel at all stages of the game and has good harass with his delayed E and low range Q
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2013 3:59am | Report
ahri support is fun too, but i doubt that it is anywhere near viable.
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
SlashStarEX
<Member>
SlashStarEX's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2013 7:37pm | Report
As a Fiddlesticks main I definitely think it's still very strong and I think it was more of a laning tweak for both him and the enemy.

Using Terrify and Reap prior to the mana changes on Terrify meant that you would go OOM very easily, and I have seen extended fights where I end up doing nothing but auto attacking and praying for mana to come back for Terrify. By reducing the fear duration, there is more of an opening to go and engage on Fiddlesticks and tenacity helps to mitigate it even further.

Even with the .75 second reduction from his fear, he is exceptionally strong still and I still would pick him over any other support champion (besides Rammus if we needed a tank but I digress).
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2013 4:33am | Report
^ If you pick Rammus support over Fiddlesticks, in any situation, I'll just disregard almost anything you're saying. Not being disrespectful, just honest. If you want a tank go with Taric or Leona.

Yes, Fid is still very strong. 3 seconds was way too long anyways. AoE silence, incredible teamfight ultimate, hard CC and sustain.
LalaSama
<Member>
LalaSama's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2013 7:22am | Report
I have never even seen a Rammus support, ever...
Doesn't sound very.. nice.. I don't know.

Anyways, I still find Fiddle support do-able, but that's about it.
The thing is that I feel like he's easily countered by whomever champ you may play.
Apart from maybe pre level 3 I've never had problem with laning against a fiddlesticks support.

Keep an eye out for my soon to be published guides ;)
Quite Nomible
<Member>
Quite Nomible's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2013 7:49am | Report
I think he's still strong, but he might have dropped a tier. As a damage support he's still very strong.
💣︎✡︎ ☜︎✠︎✋︎💧︎❄︎☜︎☠︎👍︎☜︎ ✋︎💧︎ ☠︎⚐︎🕈︎

👍︎⚐︎💣︎☜︎ ✌︎☠︎👎︎ ☺︎⚐︎✋︎☠︎ 💣︎☜︎📬︎📬︎📬︎

✋︎ 🕈︎✋︎☹︎☹︎ 💧︎☜︎☜︎ ✡︎⚐︎🕆︎ 💧︎⚐︎⚐︎☠︎

⚐︎☼︎ 🕈︎✋︎☹︎☹︎ ✡︎⚐︎🕆︎✍︎
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2013 8:08am | Report
It was a huge nerf. I wouldn't call him a strong pick anymore, just a decent one. He's still playable, a 2.25 second fear isn't bad, but it isn't a 3 second fear.

They buffed the early fear duration by .25 seconds, but his level 1-3 is still absolutely ****ing terrible.

His late game will still be good, but at 40% CDR you get can get your fear down to about a 5 second cooldown and it's still good to have hard CC every 5 seconds.

so Support fiddlesticks might be okay, it's just the other lanes that are going to hurt him immensely.

luizdeh wrote:

3 seconds was way too long anyways. AoE silence, incredible teamfight ultimate, hard CC and sustain.

It was a fine duration. It just turned out to be too long because other supports got nerfed and fiddle scales well with gold. If you look at him in the context of a jungler which was his original role, he's vastly inferior. He's a very squishy champion with no escape, low mobility, and mana problems, the fear was needed.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide