Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

New top lane main suggestions

Creator: Judoj247 June 2, 2015 5:30pm
1 2
Judoj247
<Member>
Judoj247's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2015 5:30pm | Report
Hi guys. I'm a Garen main that's carried myself from b5 to s1 this season. I'm relatively new at LoL but I'm finding that I may need to find another strong character to go to at top. I average about 4.3 kda and 10 kills a game with a 60% win percentage over about 300 games. However, I'm finding that even in games that I'm fed, It's hard for me to take over the game and win it if it gets to late game. I've experimented with nasus and he's fun but any suggestions on who I should go with next if my goal is to continue carrying myself through higher elos? Thanks
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2015 5:32pm | Report
Pretty much any top laner that isn't those two. They feel strong enough at certain areas of the game, but Garen fails the longer a game goes on, and Nasus either fails early or gets kited and CC'd too hard later on.

Pick some stuff with real impact in team fights ( Maokai, Sion) or something that has similar strength in lane to Garen, without the late game drawbacks ( Gnar).
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2015 6:47pm | Report
Maokai is a great pick because he's easy to play and very very effective
Judoj247
<Member>
Judoj247's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2015 7:53pm | Report
Good call! I remember I used to play maokai before I made it to ranked and had some success. Either him or soon fit my play style.
FatelBlade
<Member>
FatelBlade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2015 8:21pm | Report
Nah dude don't play Maokai, these losers don't know what they're talking about. He's a tree, and belongs in the jungle. You should pick top lane Kalista up. Its a lot of fun to play as, since you get to hippity-hop everywhere, and by binding with the jungler you get very nice ganks. I would like to stress that this is not a suggestion, but a command.

On a more serious note, devote yourself to Swain. He's a lot of fun, and can become really strong. Also, with proper warding, kinda safe in lane I guess?
Thanks to jhoijhoi for the awesome PsiGuard-loving sig!
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2015 2:49am | Report
Irelia is best top laner to learn for new player, in my opinion. She's very versatile, doesn't have that many terrible matchups, she's reasonably simple to play and she has potentional to carry the game.

Some other good picks for solo queue are Hecarim, Gnar and probably Riven. Hecarim is easiest to play from these 3, Riven is hardest to play to full potential.

There are many other viable toplaners but these stood out to me as safest and best solo queue picks.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2015 3:34am | Report
Cho'Gath is also a super easy top laner who wins basically every lane and tears the enemy team apart even while going near full tank.
Waschbaerkebab
<Member>
Waschbaerkebab's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2015 5:20am | Report
I like Renekton very much!
You can fed up on early game through your extreme strong poke, or rush their tower so hard. Thats perfect against some weak toplaners in the early like Maokai. Atleast it works most time for me.
Late you are tanky, you have dmg, and your ult does dmg again.

It depends which champs you like. And maybe this is omething for you :D
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2015 4:12am | Report
Garen main...
he likes to spin to win..
play:
Darius
Hecarim
Renekton
RamenChef
<Member>
RamenChef's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2015 2:06pm | Report
Quinn's not meta par but she's pretty fun top lane. I love last minute penta's with her ult haha.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide