Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

PLEASE CONFIRM OR DENY.

Creator: DuffTime July 20, 2012 10:20pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The LZ
<Member>
The LZ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2012 3:39pm | Report
I'll assume it's true and start maining
Darius. Oh yes.
"(Btw LZ, I read all of your posts like a poem because your paragraphs look like stanzas. It's rather amusing. :P)" - PsiGuard
"^ya same
why you write like that" - wRAthoFVuLK
"Why DO you write like that?" - Amazing Monkey
"Why do you write like that LZ?" - iownedya
"no-one knows, but it is unique.
An artist originalising his work,
per say. Yet what have I done,
I have copied his work.
It's probably wrong too, but lolz. Keep at it LZ, since it makes reading your posts interesting." - ShiftyCake
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2012 12:49am | Report
Well first of all you need to be able to get good enough. I know you have lots of knowledge and your elo shows more than average skill. Apparently you believe it to be enough :-)
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2012 1:52am | Report
No first he need to do is stream get viewers and make moneye over that becaus even if you win stuff ( small stuff) if you have only that as income you can't do that for living.
Steaming is te biggest part of income for most pro players
Thanks lgnition for the Sig.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2012 2:47am | Report
First things first. Can't put the roof on without the house, can't build the house without the foundation.

I'd need to put in more games, and get at least 2k elo.

Then I'd need to start a stream.

THEN I'd be able to start considering going pro. ^_^
Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2012 2:50am | Report
Actually you can become a good streamer if you put your mind to eet even from 1700+ if you are somewhat entertaining. People don't watch GMB because he is the best at what he does.

So if you start getting yourself a streaming name you can climb that way in popularity. I think it is harder to become a popular streamer than a 2k+ elo dood.

But then again, you won't even become pro if you can't get past 2k elo either so :P
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2012 2:58am | Report
Yeah, but everybody knows GMB is not a competitive level gamer, most regard him as pretty sub par and if I become regarded like that because I streamed, that would REALLY be a stupid decision on my part, when I could just wait and stream later.

Anyway it's far too early to talk about going pro. I can't even talk about it seriously yet.
Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2012 3:00am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Yeah, but everybody knows GMB is not a competitive level gamer, most regard him as pretty sub par and if I become regarded like that because I streamed, that would REALLY be a stupid decision on my part, when I could just wait and stream later.

Anyway it's far too early to talk about going pro. I can't even talk about it seriously yet.

But he isn't watched because he is sub par, he is watched cause he is entertaining. I am not saying this is the way you should go, but you might try and see if you got any viewers? I am pretty sure there is a ****load of mobaites who would love to watch the legendary Duff pwwwwn =)

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2012 3:06am | Report
Yeah, I'm sure there are as well, but I'm probably not going to stream until I can say I'm about 2k elo range. ^_^
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2012 6:46am | Report
Well Duff to get a well know stream it is more then be really good. See Alex ich and froggen both are awesome players and sure the top mid players. Theoddone and Hotshot still get more viewers becaus the entertain the ppl.

I like to call it the Dyrus effect. befor he joind TSM his only income was steaming ( becaus Eg was not really activ anymore) and normaly you would not watch him. He was good but not uber at that time. You haven't seen him in any tourny or something and still ge got severl K viewers just by derping around and make the viewers laugh.

Also a lot of ppl do that x to high elo streams and get a decent amount of fans. It helps them get a name in the community and get ther first fans.

Think about it that way. You got nothing to lose if you stream the game you do anyway ...well some bucks for the xplit licence.
Thanks lgnition for the Sig.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 22, 2012 4:58pm | Report
You don't understand, so I'm gonna call it quits on this conversation xP

But yeah, might stream if the future if I can hit like 2k elo.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide