Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Slumps.

Creator: H4xDefender August 20, 2013 4:36pm
16 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2013 4:36pm | Report
slump- to decline or deteriorate, as health, business, quality, or efficiency.

So lets talk about slumps. Despite what you may think, if you play this game long enough, one will eventually hit you. Throughout the time I've played this game, I've had 5 that I'd consider slumps, and I've seen countless others experience them although they may not know it.

Slumps aren't limited to ranked games by any means. Because of how much ranked I personally play and how competitive I am, all MY slumps have been ranked ones, but you can definitely have normal game slumps too. You don't necessarily have to lose to be in a slump either, although many feel loss streaks and slumps are synonymous. I don't. There are times where I'll be playing some of the best league of my life and I'll keep losing. It happens. It SUCKS but it just happens sometimes. The important thing is to try to not let it get to you.

Now for people who are in ACTUAL slumps, (as in you are playing like dog**** for an extended streak of games and you cause your team to lose or you are a big detriment to your team), best tip I have is to STOP PLAYING RANKED. Not only will you feel bad losing more then normal, you will also receive tremendous amounts of flame from your teammates which will probably make you play EVEN worse. If you continue to lose in normals too, go find another game to play for a little while so you don't get burned out, watch some streams, or just hang out with your friends, whether it be league related or not. (if you have no friends idk what to say).

Thoughts on the matter? (I made this because I'm in a bit of a slump of my own right now and I want to help out others who might be in slumps also).
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2013 4:42pm | Report
All i know is that ever since I started to main support my CS'ing abilities are ****.

As requested to GMD himself.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2013 4:43pm | Report

best tip I have is to STOP PLAYING RANKED. Not only will you feel bad losing more then normal, you will also receive tremendous amounts of flame from your teammates which will probably make you play EVEN worse. If you continue to lose in normals too, go find another game to play for a little while so you don't get burned out, watch some streams, or just hang out with your friends, whether it be league related or not. (if you have no friends idk what to say).

i concur. i think this is true of all competitive games. good to take a step back and come back to it. deep breaths are good too :)

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2013 4:45pm | Report
I'm in a slump right now.

I can't even win lane against Gold players in normals x____x And it's been this way for ~3 weeks.

Wat do
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2013 4:47pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

I'm in a slump right now.

I can't even win lane against Gold players in normals x____x And it's been this way for ~3 weeks.

Wat do

READ MAH ******* POST!!!11111oneoneoneoneone
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2013 4:51pm | Report
I did read it :V

I've stopped ranked and started playing Tera, but I don't think that's gonna help.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2013 4:55pm | Report
^ Tera? i hear that is beartastic! lol sorry....i had to. back on topic now.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

Kinen
<Member>
Kinen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2013 5:08pm | Report
Sometimes I feel like I'm in a slump. Not necessarily losing, just not playing as well as I think I should. I think I'm in a bit of a general calls slump, which is why I'm pretty averse to playing support now, I'm kind of reliant on myself carrying through blowing stuff up, not my decision making. A lot of the time I can recognise bad decisions, see where things are starting to get thrown and identify just what's wrong... But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to respond, what to change it to. Hence part of my sig "Sometimes I know what is wrong, but not how to fix it".

Perhaps I'll ask for some mentoring. Doing some games with good decision maker who tells me what the team needs to be doing, why it needs doing and how they arrive at their conclusions could be pretty useful. However it's pointless me getting a mentor until I start playing more actively.
Sig by Kinen|Nayaad
that's my IGN
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2013 8:44pm | Report
Often times I slump whenever I reach a personal best. It's been that way ever since I played competitively and I'm getting tired of it. Any thoughts as to why this happens
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2013 4:22am | Report

although many feel loss streaks and slumps are synonymous. I don't. There are times where I'll be playing some of the best league of my life and I'll keep losing. It happens.

yomp
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide