Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Support Champs

Creator: xfrenchiex January 19, 2013 8:19pm
19 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2013 10:21pm | Report
Depends on the kind of lane you are looking for. If you have an offensive, bursty ADC like Corki, Draven, or [graves]], you would look for a support that could set up kills well, where as less bursty champions like Ashe would just like a defensive farm lane.

In my list below, you will notice that several of the supports are mentioned twice and will be denoted with a * if they do.

My support list for kill lanes:
Taric, Leona, Sona*, Alistar*, Pantheon, Zyra*, Blitzcrank, Lux, Maokai, Morgana, Nami*

My support list for poke lanes:
Soraka* (with casters like urgot), Lulu, Nidalee, Sona*, Zyra (not as viable as kill lane)*, Nunu & Willump, Zilean,

My support list for farm lanes:
Soraka*, Janna, Alistar*, Kayle, Nami*

Just some things i thought of off the top of my head.

+rep me if you found this comment helpful =)
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
jinlee
<Member>
jinlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2013 11:15pm | Report
this may said noobish but u dont understand how zyra is a support can someone explain

all credit for this amazing sig goes to the nameless bard

if you thought what i said was worth it a rep would be rainbow pony awesome
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2013 2:39am | Report
Just play Taric, super agressive, people don't know how to play against that.
Or Nunu, both of them are so easy to play and at the same time so good at their role.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2013 6:49am | Report
jinlee wrote:

this may said noobish but u dont understand how zyra is a support can someone explain

Zyra makes a good support because she has a good stun and phenominal harass that cant be stopped by minions. Both of her major abilities are minion proof and can hit both enemy bot owners and her ult works great to ensure tanks or ensure a kill for your adc.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2013 6:59am | Report
Sorry about all the typos I'm at the hospital on my wife's kindle and its weird
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2013 9:28am | Report

Zyra makes a good support because she has a good stun

she doesn't have a stun

harass that cant be stopped by minions.

until her plants attack minions

her ult works great to ensure tanks

I don't think this is even a complete thought
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2013 9:43am | Report
So big post inc: read what you want

Viable Supports:

Lulu, Zyra, Sona, [Soraka]], Janna, Nunu & Willump, Fiddlesticks, Leona, Alistar, Nami, Blitzcrank, Taric

Fringe supports: (meaning viable but not often seen)
Lux, Gragas, Elise, Maokai, Morgana

Of all those, I don't think many people would disagree when I say the strongest supports are generally, Zyra, Lulu, and Sona; atleast right now. Nunu & Willump is also insanely strong because of Blood Boil, but I would say thats more of an ADC match up, some ADC's benefit much more than others.

Good match-ups: these are my personal preferences when picking a support based off an AD

Ashe - Soraka, Janna, Zyra
Caitlyn - Nunu & Willump, Zyra, Lulu
Corki - Leona, Sona, Taric
Draven - Fiddlesticks, Leona, Taric
Ezreal - Sona, Lulu, Soraka
Graves - Sona, Taric, Soraka
Kog'Maw - Zyra, Nunu & Willump, Soraka
Miss Fortune - Taric, Nunu & Willump, Nami
Sivir - Taric, Alistar, Nami
Tristana - Leona, Sona, Taric
Twitch - Lulu, Nunu & Willump, Fiddlesticks
Urgot - Soraka, Lulu, Taric
Varus - Leona, Zyra, Nunu & Willump
Vayne - Nunu & Willump, Soraka

But, just because a champion on here doesn't mean others won't work. I have Soraka on here alot, but in all honesty, I think she is one of the weakest supports right now. So just because a champion is on here a lot or for a certain match-up doesn't mean you should do it
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2013 3:44pm | Report
Yeah I was typing everything on the wife's kindle while she was in surgery, so im sure everything i said seemed like a garbled mess. It has some awful auto correct habits.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2013 8:20am | Report
As much as Sona is recommended, I'd honestly be careful picking her right now. She's just so squishy, so if you're not careful the enemies will just blow you up repeatedly. Do not pick her into high burst bottom lanes, such as Graves/ Leona.

Zyra support is viable largely due to her root being able to effect multiple targets (better than Lux's), her free-ward-ish seeds, and the AoE knockup on her ult. The recent nerfs to her MS and missile speeds really hurt, though.

I'm pretty in favor of Lulu for pretty much every ADC right now. She's a very solid support and works well with most teamcomps for the entire game.

I'd add Leona to Moon's list of strong supports, as well. She's harder to play and only works with ADCs who can burst to trigger her passive multiple times in quick succession, but she is very strong in those matchups where she performs well and ADCs she works well with tend to be more popular anyway.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide