Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Zero IP and living with OCD

Creator: Ninja Trigger October 17, 2014 2:56pm
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2014 12:01pm | Report
XeresAce wrote:
I scored 14
water****...

I highly doubt this is accurate. I just took it for the sake of taking it and have never even been associated with OCD before, not to mention I have complete and utter control over my urges to do, well, anything.
Yeah the test seems a bit black and white, only yes or no options. Would be more fair if it had a 1-6 scaling or something instead from absolutely true to not at all true. Although you do get a general idea of whats up :3
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2014 12:03pm | Report
Hmm i'd think that yes/no (aka binomial) choices make the test more reliable
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2014 12:11pm | Report
Eh, sometimes I worry about the house burning down if I'm cooking or something and forget to turn off the gas stove or if I hear a loud noise in the middle of the night ofc the first thing that comes to mind is a burglar so I go outside and check, or if I go to a hotel and then when I pack I triple check just so I didn't miss something important or maybe if I'm in a vehicle and there's fog or mist and I'm worried about hitting something - how does this translate to OCD and not just common sense?
Thanks to Koksei for the sig!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2014 12:21pm | Report
It's about the level and how much it affects you.

Do you worry about the house burning down for no reason? Or go check the oven 15 times to make sure it's actually off when it was off the first time you checked? How about checking your luggage for a specific thing you've checked for (and was there) 5 times already?

I've done things like that more than occasionally.

I encourage you to retake it and think about what obsessive and compulsive mean. If what you do can be attributed to common sense, don't say yes to that even if it sounds similar.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2014 12:32pm | Report
Using that logic, I can't answer positively to a single one of those questions because even though I do quite a large amount of the actions they describe, they are not "compulsive" nor truly "obsessive"... It's exactly why I believe there should be a system that symbolizes the intensity of the effect, i.e a score from 1-5 on how much it affects you. That's a fault in the quiz, not mine. I'm also overly careful by nature, so I suppose that's why I tend to triplecheck most things (but usually not more than 3 times).

EDIT: I made some edits to the comment before posting it and it didn't save q-q
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2014 12:42pm | Report
Cautious and obsessively checking things are entirely different.

Did none of you take the second half of the quiz that asks how much the behaviors affect you? .-.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2014 12:47pm | Report

Did none of you take the second half of the quiz that asks how much the behaviors affect you? .-.
I just played around a bit what happends if I fill in other stuff and the second part doesnt show up if you cross down 1~5 answers as yes :3
Change is gooooood
Picture by: My valentine; jamespongebob <3
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
R4GE
<Member>
R4GE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2014 12:50pm | Report

So you're that part of the Internet..
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2014 12:55pm | Report

I did. I literally either answered the "not at all" options and then I answered "mild" twice.

I just retook the test, giving out more.. conservative answers and got a score of 11. I suppose it's.. better lol
R4GE
<Member>
R4GE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2014 1:01pm | Report
So I got a score of 19 ._.

When going out of the train or bus I've to check my seat 5 times to make sure I haven't lost anything, when I lock a door I will always try to open it 5-10 times to make sure it's really locked, I've to play with something all the time (Roll a pen, play with my hair etc), when adjusting the volume on my laptop/Tv it has to be 5, 15, 20, 15 or 20 for example..

I don't have OCD, but I've Autism which isn't the same thing but I still have some "symptoms".

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide