Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Are multiple people able to edit the same guide?

Creator: Jpikachu1999 April 12, 2012 10:19am
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2012 10:19am | Report
Myself and some of my friends were thinking of creating a new joint guide, but we wanted to all be able to edit the guide and see what it looks like before publishing it. We don't live anywhere near each other, so we would all be using different computers.

Are we able to all be able to edit the said guide using our current accounts, or do we have to create a new one that we all can access?

Also, if we do create a new account we can all access, would it log us out if someone else is logged in?

If I helped you, click that +rep!
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2012 10:32am | Report
Multiple accounts may not share a guide, sadly. It's something we would love to be able to support in the future, though. You can all be online at the same time, but you might overwrite each other's work when saving, so it might not be a good idea.
Infectious Lepar
<Member>
Infectious Lepar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2012 5:21pm | Report
If you could make an independent log-in for creating "joint-guides" then you would be able to control the number of people editing a guide. Simple way to get around multiple people editing at the same time.
I like the idea though, it allows for guides to be much more attentive to comments/requests; and in the form of a joint review shop or sig shop it would be extremely convenient.
If I have helped you in some way, or you enjoyed my work some "Rep" would be nice ;)
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2012 12:56pm | Report
Well, myself and my friends wanted to create an actual guide for a champion together. I know jhoijhoi, patch, and Warlemming have done it, but they all live together and have access to the same computer.

I would think there could be an option for someone to create a guide, and be the "admin" or something of the guide and allow access to only the other members you want to be able to edit your guide. Like, I could be the owner, and allow access to the guide for 2 other members. That might be more complicated than I thought though.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2012 2:12pm | Report
It's actually on the to-do list :)
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2012 4:22pm | Report