Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

DEWO..

Creator: Footyballs March 7, 2011 7:40pm
7 posts - page 1 of 1
Footyballs
<Member>
Footyballs's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 7:40pm | Report
I understand that you locked that previous thread of wrath's. Fair enough. What I want to know is if the question I asked in the thread can be answered.

Footyballs wrote:

What about a vote like this one that I just found on a random Jarvan guide? Can this be removed?

by TheBESTBUILDER » March 3, 2011 9:35am
VOTED -1

Bad come look my build my beter http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/jarvan-iv-tank-survability-and-dmg-62300
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 7:54pm | Report
They won't remove votes, mostly because it's a person's opinion and maybe they just didn't feel like explaining themselves.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 7:58pm | Report
The issue there isn't the downvote, but more the build advertisement. I'm actually not so sure about the rulings there - I think, however, that there would be enough grounds to remove it.
Footyballs
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 8:29pm | Report

The issue there isn't the downvote, but more the build advertisement. I'm actually not so sure about the rulings there - I think, however, that there would be enough grounds to remove it.

Yeah, this^ is exactly my point. I'm sure there is a rule saying that you can't link your build as a reference to why you downvoted another build.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 10:48pm | Report
Advertising your build on another author's build is not allowed unless there is some good reason for it (though I can't think of any). However, if the comment is tied to a vote, we cannot delete it. In that case we may just edit the comment to remove the build link.

If this person is doing nothing but making obnoxious posts all over the place, we will look closer and consider punishment.

We have some new moderator controls coming up soon, that will allow the mods (presently Mr. DEWO) to do a lot more in these situations. It'll be here soon :)
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 12:53am | Report
I am 100% sure i answered that question, somhow i think it got glitched after i locked hmm...

I am sorry for that than. As Matt said, it is not allowed anywhere unless it has a good reason, you cant link your builds anywhere, forums, comments and so on. You can include some links in desc of your own guide (for example if you got inspired by som1 else build and you want to advert it or you want rest of your builds noticed so you can link to your own builds inside ones you created).

I am used to ppl linking their guides in my guide comments for many reasons. One of those is spam, "This build sux, check mine", others just want my opinion on their ideas etc.

the 1st one is still prohibited. 2nd one we can live with, and for me it is good enaugh reason to link the build (but ppl i am smart enaugh to click your name and look for your build :))

Again sorry for the preve thread issue, and i hope that your situation got clarified enaugh. Thank you for reporting this to us, as Matt said, Admins are already working on improving the moderation process so i can be more of a help.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Footyballs
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 2:16pm | Report
Thanks guys, you do a great job. :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide