Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Multiple quoting should be improved

Creator: Joxuu September 21, 2013 6:48am
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2013 6:48am | Report
So basically...

If you are going to multiquote, it only shows the first quote or if you quote 3 texts,
it messes up the actual context/writer's name.

I think that's something to improve on (I guess this is mentioned already tough ?)
Is there anything coming to this in the future, because atm the system is just bad.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2013 6:55am | Report
Well, the writers name can also be copypasted, so I don't think that is a real problem.

With the context however, maybe a toggle can be implemented. So if you were to click the toggle, then it shows the coding used in the comment instead of the actual comment (for example we'd see [[garen]] instead of Garen once the toggle is activated).

That would also help with people that don't know how other people use certain codes and can learn it from using the toggle :D

And it also helps with the multiquote :3
Change is gooooood
Picture by: VirusNG1
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2013 6:57am | Report
My teemo guide with "toggle"

http://pastebin.com/exHiJbJE

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2013 11:35am | Report
There is always the [code] function for copying / pasting text and having it show just the code.

I feel like it would be nice to have multi quoting work better but it is easily worked around and doesn't have a big impact on the whole site.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2013 11:41am | Report
But imo, mobafire is quite high quality website in my opinion and has the best builder for example, but then a simple [ quote ] doesn't work..

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2013 12:29pm | Report
To be fair, we used to have the old "quote in a quote" box for quotes, but then the massive quote boxes appeared and Matt was like, "No" and we got it removed. ;-;
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2013 2:54pm | Report
Yeah, the giant walls of quote text with a "lol" at the end of it from the person actually posting started making MOBAFire look like... not a high quality site. :(

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide