Non-English Guides

Creator: FalseoGod January 9, 2013 5:12pm
3 posts - page 1 of 1
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 9, 2013 5:12pm | Report
So, I've been thinking: wouldn't it be good if we had like a tab on each champ's guide saying "other languages" with highlights on languages with guides on it? I mean, most alternate-language guides just get drowned by the no-votes since people usually can't understand it.

If we did, I'm sure we could get some volunteers to offer translating a few guides (me included) to their native language, should the original author give them permission.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
Mowen
<Production Coordinator>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 9, 2013 5:23pm | Report
I think putting it as a tab wouldn't be a great idea because we don't have that many guides in other languages. Perhaps making it a filter and making it (along with the role / map filters) more prominent?
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 9, 2013 5:29pm | Report
I guess it needs SOMETHING to highlight those guides.

I've considered translating mine/others, but there's little motivation when you consider they'll just get dragged down because nearly none would understand the contents.

It's really catering to a small number of people, but maybe it could draw more people, thus getting more non-english guides?

--

What I imagined was something like:

"Other languages" (the tab thingy)

Subcategories with links only for languages that have guides (instead of having ALL the languages).

--

However, since I get that it's a lot of work, I'm sure a filter of sorts. Why not by the "show expired" thingy?
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today

You need to log in before commenting.