Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Search engine and tag suggestion.

Creator: grimuletz March 1, 2011 3:42am
grimuletz
<Member>
grimuletz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 3:42am | Report
First of all a warm greeting to everyone and a 'thumbs up' for Mobafire, the staff and loyal members (veterans) who contributed to what Mobafire is today.

I used the site for builds throught my summoner account leveling (1-30) and I will use it, regardless of the experience I gained so far, because one never knows too much, and a lifetime isn't enough for learning.

I checked the forum and read the guidelines, however I had to manually search for titles that would contain the champion I wanted to create a new thread about. It isn't hard, as there aren't so many threads(and pages) and CTRL+F always helps.

But I was wondering if the forum could use a 'search engine' so there wouldn't be double posting. This way it would be more organized and help the moderators as well as it would help the users.
Basically, me, as a user, before I create a new thread, I simply look up (Shen for example) "shen build/ shen skill/ shen best team" and if there isn't a current thread with that title, I can simply create it and express my opinion (or question).

2nd matter is tagging. I dunno much about the system the forum is based on but, would it be possible that a thread could have tags? I suppose this comes close with the search engine.. or even implemented in it.

Thank you for taking your time to read (and hopefully answer) my concerns/questions.
Have a lovely day everyone!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 4:09am | Report
I'm pretty sure they plan on adding this already :P

shadows fiji
<Member>
shadows fiji's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 5:18am | Report
lets hope they are :D
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 7:40am | Report
Bump for a good cause.

Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 1:57pm | Report
Yeah we will eventually have a proper site-wide search, separate of any of the other searches we have now. Workin on it! :) In the mean time you could try a site-specific search on Google but, it won't always be up to date. Just add "site:mobafire.com" to your Google search to restrict it. I think you can also do "site:mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum" to just search our forum on Google.

Hope that helps until we get a proper search :)
grimuletz
<Member>
grimuletz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2011 2:27am | Report
Matt wrote:

Yeah we will eventually have a proper site-wide search, separate of any of the other searches we have now. Workin on it! :) In the mean time you could try a site-specific search on Google but, it won't always be up to date. Just add "site:mobafire.com" to your Google search to restrict it. I think you can also do "site:mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum" to just search our forum on Google.

Hope that helps until we get a proper search :)

Thank you for your answer. Already tried google searching with 'mobafire' tag in the search text but results weren't the one I expected. I suppose it has something to do with how google indexing works.
Anyhow, it's good to see the team is open to suggestions (even if mine was already in your plan before me posting it).

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide