Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Suggestion: Dealing with Troll Voters

Creator: Fei Korlock January 27, 2011 12:10pm
Fei Korlock
<Member>
Fei Korlock's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2011 12:10pm | Report
So, I've been noticing since the "Comment To Vote" system came about that troll voters are still...well....troll voting. They'll post something like, "I like pancakes" and give a downvote to a guide. What I'm suggesting is add a moderator system to check their posts and if they're doing that to many people, revoke their ability to vote on anything. (If it's even possible to implement a system to do that). Sorry if this has already been suggested or is being worked on.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2011 12:21pm | Report
This has been discussed exhaustively over the forums. Still, I don't blame you for asking the question since it's a pretty valid one. The conclusion is that while their downvote may be a troll vote, it's still technically their opinion and we can't censor that. What the new system does do successfully is to stop the people who would randomly -1 and not leave a comment. Anyone who downvotes has to put in extra effort, and if they do that, then they actually really want to downvote it. We can't really censor their opinion.

Still, you should probably have noticed that the overall ratings of guides have gone up by around 10% since the new system was implemented.
Danveldo
<Member>
Danveldo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2011 12:21pm | Report
I certainly think that this idea is intelligent, But the problem is doing it. Unless the mods could implement a 'remove vote' power on themselves. I do however, see the whole Troll voting as having become less Prolific now

Edit: ninja'd
Yes. I am a nub. FEAR ME !
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2011 1:24pm | Report
Fei Korlock
<Member>
Fei Korlock's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2011 8:36pm | Report
Thanks for the replies guys, and I just noticed that Matt as I was looking at the boards today (sorry for not looking ahead of time >.<)
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2011 1:30am | Report
I actually posted that thread after you posted this one, so no worries :) Figured people were going to keep asking, so now they have a definitive answer.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide