Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Suggestion - Localised Times

Creator: Xenasis September 2, 2011 10:44am
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2011 10:44am | Report
I like the new time feature - however, living in the UK means these times are 8 hours too early.

It would be good if we got an option (on edit profile or something - I don't mind where!) to change times to be accurate around the world, rather than just in America!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2011 8:22pm | Report
It's the standard time of this site, all the tournies and **** are based around it, I think you just gotta deal with it :)

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2011 7:56am | Report
We would like to do this but unfortunately there are too many complications with it at this time. Primarily, to keep the site running fast we do a lot of caching of pages, either in whole or in part. This makes it impossible to have custom time zone displays for everyone, as we would have to cache a different version of every page for every time zone.

I have given it some thought and there are some ways around this but they will take a lot more time than it is really worth. Maybe we will get around to it at some point but I cannot say when :(
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2011 8:17am | Report
Matt wrote:

they will take a lot more time than it is really worth

Other site features are much more important, I just thought it might've been easier than it actually is!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide