Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

The difference between builds and guides

Creator: dadde April 15, 2011 8:50am
dadde
<Member>
dadde's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 8:50am | Report
Hi, it seems to me like recently there is not a difference between the builds and guides comming out other than the fact that the people writing the guides are actually putting effort in. There are/have been numerous builds comming out recently that seem to do nothing more than clutter up the website. Unless the builds section is suppose to be used for something else right now it just looks like something any dummy can do in 2 minutes and have it posted on the site. TBH it seems like a "junk mail" section right now. The guides on the sight are great right now and it seems to me like everything is fine there but the builds just seems to be a place that attracts down votes, less effort and unpractical thinking towards the game that would lead people in the wrong direction. Perhaps im not seeing the purpose of this section and if so could someone please tell me why it is there because right now there is no incentive for someone to go and look at a build when a fully written up guide is consistantly readily availible. If i am correct in what i said would it be a practical thing in saying we should just get rid of it? Or perhaps if Mobafire wants to keep it then maybe there could be something implemented where if the build drops below a certain percent then it will automadicly get removed from the site?
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 4:14pm | Report
The ability to post a build without a written guide is there to allow people to use it as a tool for themselves, mainly. They can post builds for their own records or theorycrafting, or to share and discuss directly with their friends and teammates. We don't really expect general users to go sifting through these builds that don't have written guides, but we leave it open for those that want to see what others are doing.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 4:18pm | Report
And, we need somewhere to put less-than-5000-character-builds. It is only considered a guide if it is 80% + score or over 5,000 characters, however if people do not meet those requirements we don't want to take away their work.

And guides show up by default, most people don't even look at builds anyway.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
dadde
<Member>
dadde's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2011 7:24pm | Report
Ok, I apoligize for my incorrect and perhaps harsh words. I didnt fully understand. Thank-you for clearing that up for me.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2011 4:35am | Report
Hey, we always love to hear people's thoughts and ideas on the site! No need to apologize, keep 'em coming! :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide