Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Voting System

Creator: Apotheosis September 3, 2010 12:21pm
3 posts - page 1 of 1
Apotheosis
<Veteran>
Apotheosis's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2010 12:21pm | Report
I'm sure this has been talked about a lot in past threads, but I'm sorry to say I don't feel like reading through them all:

So the voting system is currently, what I would call, a bit of a mess. And by a bit, I mean huge. Here's what I believe, and I'll continue to ponder later, but I think that all voters should be forced to comment, which I know has been talked about on other threads. If that doesn't flow well, then I believe the positive and negative voters should all be revealed in a drop-down box under the +1, -1. It sounds like an even stranger way to address this issue, but something needs to occur so that an end is put to all of this. What this will do is hurt the reputation of others if they haven't commented and others see that they voted someone down. This is an example of what should happen.
Gigaffect
<Member>
Gigaffect's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2010 10:39pm | Report
The problem with a 'comment to vote' system is that people will just put 'lol' or 'this build sux' or something like that unless an admin is constantly on patrol to reverse them. There isn't a clear solution to the problem as of yet. Showing who voted would be a good way to keep track of people down-voting all of your builds (I think this happened to me a while back).

Click on them. You know you want to. Except Jax. He's just there for color.
Yo, I'm Urgot. See that plane? BOOM.
Apotheosis
<Veteran>
Apotheosis's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2010 12:02pm | Report
That's the whole point. If someone leaves a comment such as "lol" or "this build sux", many people will view this as if they purposely voted down and don't have a good reason for saying this. Now, if you see that same person saying "lol this build sux" on all the best guides, then isn't it clear what he/she is doing? It'll be easier to catch people who commit these actions and they're reputation goes down along with the fact that they might get banned. This method will help reduce the amount of down voting that a person can commit and, since the one account per IP is in play, it'll be a bit harder for them to commit the acts. If I can think of better ways, I'll definitely add to this.

Edit: Ok, now I've realized somthing, the vote and comment would fail because people could down-vote and turn around and compliment your guide to hide themselves. So atm, the drop-down voters box is all I can think of, commet if you all have ideas.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide