Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Trundle Top?

Creator: CrazyMBP May 17, 2013 2:47pm
5 posts - page 1 of 1
CrazyMBP
<Member>
CrazyMBP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2013 2:47pm | Report
A friend of mine was just raving about the new Trundle top lane, building pretty offensive with Blade of the ruined king and like ravenous hydra, and said its REALLY strong right now.

Just wanted to get some opinion of other players, anyone have experience with trundle top lately? How's it workin?
Alcasea
<Member>
Alcasea's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2013 8:13pm | Report
damn it XD i believe that trundle didn't have any nerf or buff on the latest patch, they only change the way he looked and his skill names. he was strong to begin with, it is just people don't tend to use him before because they said he is weak or super nerfed. and yes trundle could be built offensive offtank because of his ulti.
+rep if i helped or if you just happen to like repping ^^
Veatz
<Member>
Veatz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2013 9:29am | Report
I play Trundle quite a bit solo top, and I think he is a very good pick up there at the moment. He doesn't fit into every team comp, but he is certainly viable I think. My favorite way to play him is as a splitpush oriented top laner.

Chomp feels a little different than it used to, and you may not like it at first at lower levels, but once you get high attack speed, it is very nice. PLUS it works on towers, which combined with Frozen Kingdom, you can shred towers in NO time once you have Blade of the Ruined King and Ravenous Hydra. Another item that Trundle loves is Spirit Visage.

Laning with our favorite troll takes a little finesse. You love to skirmish, since your Q debuffs AD and buffs your own, but lets face it, you can be kited fairly easily. In lane, I use lifesteal quints which, with my passive, makes me pretty much immovable. Generally, as Trundle early, I try not to push my lane at all. You are a master at just freezing lane, last hitting, and if your opponent comes in, just auto-q-auto to make them think about it. Don't be shy about taking a bit of minion aggro, you'll heal it right up.

Once you hit 6, you can start being aggressive. Your ult is on a very short cool down, so don't be afraid to use it. Sometimes, I'll use my ult just to try to force opponent out of lane, knowing I don't have much kill potential. Once you get Blade of the Ruined King, however, your kill potential shoots up. Just start a fight with someone, they might be winning, but once you use the active on Blade of the Ruined King and Subjugate, VERY few champs can deal with you. Be wary, always try to use your R BEFORE they ignite you.

I'm kind of rambling, but in general, yes, I say if you want to play Trundle top, it can be very effective right now. In teamfights, if you go that route, it's all about your pillar. A good pillar can win a fight, a bad one can lose it. Pick trundle into melee AD champs (especially those you can outsustain easily), and avoid him for ranged kiters.
Tanataphobia
<Member>
Tanataphobia's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2013 2:00pm | Report
Like Veatz said, Trundle top is viable in some cases
When laning vs a slow AD top, like Darius for example, you can just farm farm farm....
Hit lvl 6 and use your Subjugate + Chomp to turn any fight in your advantage
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2013 2:13pm | Report
Trundle is the only solo top I play. He is not hard countered by any melee champion, but ranged champions are a pain, though he can atleast go even with them. He's also a bom splitpusher and disengager for your team

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide