Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Dumb question - How to cast single target spell...

Creator: LtHoiz May 18, 2014 5:40am
LtHoiz
<Member>
LtHoiz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2014 5:40am | Report
I have serious problem casting single target spell on champion that constant dash/blink especially a Yasuo spamming his e.
Yet its when we are fighting each other, I can aa thx to the aggro but I cant click on him because I can have my cursor follow up. Or am I a handicap

So are there tips?
Double_E
<Stalker>
Double_E's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2014 11:07am | Report
You could try turning on Smart Cast, which will cause the spell to instantly cast where your cursor is when you press the appropriate button, without having to click on the target. If you want to do that then look at the first 30 seconds or so of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Idl3tj6uu4

It takes a bit of getting used to, and you have to know the ranges of your abilities, but on certain champions it's almost necessary to do well (such as Ryze).

You don't even have to put all your abilities on Smart Cast, you can just do a few.
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2014 7:49pm | Report
Double_E wrote:

You could try turning on Smart Cast, which will cause the spell to instantly cast where your cursor is when you press the appropriate button, without having to click on the target.
You don't even have to put all your abilities on Smart Cast, you can just do a few.

Yup, from the sound of it, you aren't using Smart Cast. With it, your reaction times greatly improve.
If you want to help me, teach me.
Lord Dimladris
<Member>
Lord Dimladris's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2014 6:23am | Report
Double_E wrote:

You could try turning on Smart Cast, which will cause the spell to instantly cast where your cursor is when you press the appropriate button, without having to click on the target.

As the two before me have stated, the biggest thing you can do immediately is to turn on Smart Casting. Not only will this decrease the amount of time it takes to cast a full combo of spells, it will also help you target someone who's very mobile (ex. Yasuo and LeBlanc). The biggest thing for me I think though, is just experience with the game, and the role you're playing. After playing the game for a little while, you will begin to be able to read the patterns in players movements better and also the different champions skills sets and abilities. For example, in the case of Yasuo, after playing with/against him enough, you will be able to gauge the distance of Yasuo and the distance he can dash, and position yourself accordingly.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide