Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Looking for a mentor

Creator: Asteryx April 5, 2013 4:53pm
Asteryx
<Member>
Asteryx's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2013 4:53pm | Report
Asteryx: NA server

I'd really love to learn how to play this game properly. I've played off an on my main account is at level 17 but I didn't play enough to remember getting there. I've started a new account to actually learn how to play the game. And I've been enjoying it a lot since I've started; however as I've mentioned I want to become adequate enough to be able to play with my friends. I know the first thing is going to be getting to level 30 which I'll do, but getting there is only a matter of time. It's no fun playing this game and always being dead hence why I have been an on and off player.

This is the only game of this sort I have ever played, and PvP in other games was never really my thing. I think my main problem has been, everyone that "teaches" me to play enjoys saying okay now go over here, do't stand there, or some direct command. i need to know WHY. That is how I learn.

Two things I've learned that may seem obvious to some people but I had no real clue about are standing behind my minions to avoid other players skills and don't auto attack minions because it causes you to push your lane and give the other player an advantage under their turret. These two tips have greatly changed my play style and increase my longevity beyond belief. Tips like these are helpful to me and that is what I am looking for.

Thanks to anyone who feels they would like to support me
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2013 7:54pm | Report
To be honest at that level you won't understand most things people try to teach you anyway; just play and learn the game through experience. That's the best way to learn pre-30. You should look at high elo guides on this site, lolpro.com, lolking.net, and solomid.net to get some extra tips and builds for specific champs too.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Thmetal
<Member>
Thmetal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2013 3:29am | Report
Hey man I would be willing to help you if you're still looking for it. I'm on the NA too, so feel free to add me in game, Thmetal.
Music for life, music is life.
Cubby1313
<Editor>
Cubby1313's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2013 8:08am | Report
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOcMSB0Ua68&list=SPFD43DB539651D5C3&index=0

There are video series all over youtube that give the type of information you are looking for. I covers everything from fog of war to lane control as well as jungling and ganking, last hitting, recalling, teleporting... everything is in series like this and every now and then I actually find myself seeing a little tidbit of info that I hadn't thought of or had maybe even forgotten.

Anyways, that series will keep you a little busy and simple by searching youtube you can find others like it that will give you a plethora of knowledge which can greatly improve your game.

Best of luck :)
Asteryx
<Member>
Asteryx's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 9:40am | Report
Thank you all for your replies. I'll be looking for those guides and at the sites mentioned. I've learned quite a bit since I posted this, but I've still got a ways to go.

~Thanks

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide