Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Nidalee Cougar Form?

Creator: Aeacus11 May 11, 2011 12:19pm
Aeacus11
<Member>
Aeacus11's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2011 12:19pm | Report
Hey guys,

Looking for some help in playing Nidalee. She seems like she can be very useful/versatile, but in 5-10 games with her, I just havent really been able to do much. Spears are obviously cool, they dish out a ton of damage, and heals are useful, but my problem has been finding any utility with cougar form. The only thing I've been able to do with it is escape from a few ganks. I have never, not once, landed an effective pounce, swipe, takedown combo. Basically I try to spear someone, then cougar + punce, but i never ever can get close enough to them. am i missing something, or can someone just give me some hints about whether cougar form is actually useful for anything other than escaping? Thanks
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2011 1:57pm | Report
If you take flash that can help you close the gap when you're trying to execute someone with cougar. It's very good for surprising people with her burst and killing champs at low health. You could also back them to their tower and surprise them by tower diving them with cougar and quickly getting in and out that way (this works because they're already close and don't expect you to, but also is a lot harder to pull off right and very dangerous).

Try to throw your spear from the brush and head them off while they try to escape in cougar form.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2011 4:24pm | Report
Watch some of HotshotGG's games (GeneralWiser has about 50 of them uploaded on Youtube) and learn how he plays Nidalee. You have to be extremely aggressive when playing Nidalee. Don't bother with spear early game, since you should be maxing heal first.
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2011 4:33pm | Report
When it comes to Cougar, its all instinct. Obviously caster form is better team fightwise, but I like cougar to chase people down/ensure the kill!

Anyways, Cougar farms well and thats what I mainly use it for. The extra Move Speed and mobility is good too!

If you'd like some Nidalee Cougar help, add Xaioli on US and I'll be glad to help you out
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2011 4:41pm | Report
Cougar form is best for giving Nidalee an early game edge - use it to get fed early on. You can dominate a lane with a heal, long-range poke, and short-range deadly combo.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide