Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Started 2 days ago

Creator: Baygulls February 28, 2011 8:42pm
6 posts - page 1 of 1
Baygulls
<Member>
Baygulls's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2011 8:42pm | Report
Hello MobaFire Community. I recently started this game on Saturday, because my friend suggested me to play it. So far, I have had fun, but I have also been getting my butt kicked. I'm still a complete noob, and for some reason my friend told me to buy Amumu. I thought it was a good idea at first, because he was more experienced. But I realized it was a bad choice. I don't know how to use him!
Sorry for the rant ^^

Here goes.
How do I improve my gameplay, new to LoL and never played dota. I do not really have any strategy, usually when I play, I play with a blank mind.
I was looking at some Amumu guides, and they seem to be more around the lv 30 accounts, which I am only level 8.
So, pretty much, i'm clueless about this game.
Thank you.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2011 9:13pm | Report
Make sure you know all the things in this thread: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/help/new-player-faq-2256

This link is also in that thread, but I want to point it out as being particularly useful for what you're asking: http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gameguide/145-delepitore-s-comprehensive-guide-improvement-101.xhtml
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
shadows fiji
<Member>
shadows fiji's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 1:15am | Report
lol mowen beat me to it :P
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2011 12:17pm | Report
Don't buy a champion because someone recommends it - you need to find a playstyle you like. The first couple levels are the hardest, as it's meant to be a time where you learn how you like to play and to know the basic fundamentals of the game (last hitting, map awareness, etc).

For example, I had a friend who was playing mostly random champions, then Akali, then Teemo, and finally Shen. He had pretty bad losing streaks as Akali and Teemo (something like a 30-70 win/loss ratio) but as soon as he played Shen, he started winning games. He mains Shen now and plays him brilliantly, so it's pretty good evidence that you need to try different styles.

If you really want to play Amumu, I recommend taking a side lane in a 2v2 with him. Level your skills in the following order:

Q-E-E-W-E-R

And max E as soon as possible, then W, then Q, getting your ultimate whenever possible.

Protect your lane mate. Make sure you are in a lane with a champion that's powerful enough so she can deal a lot of damage to an enemy you stun, while also squishy enough that you can take damage for her. A tank is only as good as the rest of his team, so you may also want to try dual-queuing with a friend who's good.
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2011 1:57am | Report
if u wanna play amumu, go for jungling
i dont know if its possible w/o runes tough

greez sam
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
Deathbringer77
<Member>
Deathbringer77's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 10:28am | Report
First you must find your playstyle for some weeks try free champs you will know the best if you like melee or ranged,mages,fighters,invisible assassins,tanks,etc.
EDIT: Good Luck.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide