Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

The Viability of Olaf?

Creator: ShenMasterFlash July 31, 2012 12:39pm
ShenMasterFlash
<Member>
ShenMasterFlash's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2012 12:39pm | Report
I've only played Olaf top lane a few times, and his E just seems ridiculously strong! Does he get hardcountered easily top? If so by who? Also, how bout in the jungle? I've never played him like that, but is he any good? What skill order for jungling, and what kinda items are best? Thanks!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2012 2:07pm | Report
Inb4 dufftime answering all the questions you'd ever ask with a simple "yes" or something.
True love is found only in yourself.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2012 2:22pm | Report
To me, Olaf is really good top, but I just like him better in the jungle. His counterjungle is extremely good and his dueling is pretty good at level 5+

His skill order for jungling should always be Q > W > Q > E > E > R > E > E > E.

He doesn't really get hardcountered top, but at the same time you need to know who you're facing and have the proper runes to properly play him as a top. He's also not the -best- pick if you're facing a pre 6 ganking jungler like Lee, Mao, etc. Still great pick though.

Berzerk
<Member>
Berzerk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2012 2:26pm | Report
Olaf top is strong vs anyone who needs to come in close range to last hit or harass. A smart player playing a ranged champion can easily counterpick him. Vayne is my favorite to use due to her insane scaling after lane and her ability to tumble away from his axes, Kennen is also really good. His jungle is good, as his low CD axe + his passive give him good clear speed. Max Q for the slow and clear or you can do the 2 point Q start which gives you the Q for early clearing then max E for the damage, Don't really jungle Olaf that much so I'm not that experienced with it. For items I typically get Gp/5 items since your using true damage so you do not really need to worry about building into the damage area early. That's just the way I play him though.

Check out my complete guide to top lane here.
Check out my Jayce guide here.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2012 2:37pm | Report
Berzerk wrote:

His jungle is good, as his low CD axe + his passive give him good clear speed. Max Q for the slow and clear or you can do the 2 point Q start which gives you the Q for early clearing then max E for the damage, Don't really jungle Olaf that much so I'm not that experienced with it.

Pretty much never max Q :c

Cause E is so much better. If like all you're doing is jungling though you can go Q > W > Q > W > Max E

Berzerk
<Member>
Berzerk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2012 2:48pm | Report
I max Q if I'm vs lanes I can't gank or my laner brings 0 CC to the table. Though like I said I rarely play him jungler.

Check out my complete guide to top lane here.
Check out my Jayce guide here.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide