Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Update me please :D

Creator: Max Carter April 2, 2012 4:48pm
16 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
Max Carter
<Member>
Max Carter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2012 4:48pm | Report
So... Hi. I have 2 accounts, MaxCarter and Galactic Cherry, the first one level 30, the second one level 10. I stopped playing a little time ago (actually, a good time ago, I think), but, this is not the point. On my level 30 account I only had tankers champs, and never tried to learn other styles, it was hard, a noob on AD carry, trying to carry a level 30 game... So I'm back on my noob account, learning it, I'm playing a lot of Sivir, really liked her, and I'm doing well, at least I'm positive in almost every game '-' with more than 4 kills over deaths... I want to learn how to play in the 5 different roles until I reach level 30:

Support, AD ranged carry, solo mid AP, solo top and jungler

1. For support I used to use Soraka, but I'll try Janna this time -> Ok
  2. For AD ranged carry I'm using Sivir, but I mean, why should I use sivir instead of vayne? or cait? there's one ranged ad champ that is stronger than the other because of his abilities? like a tier list for ad ranged?
  3. Solo mid AP, IDK what to use... Veigar can destroy the enemy ap, but would Kennen, Gragas, Brand, Annie be more powerfull? I mean, how can I choose between them? o.o there are so much options!
  4. Solo top, Should i get one to fulfill the roles on my team? And AD or an AP, depending on my team composition? But, Which would be a nice pick for both sides? (AD and AP)
  5. Yes, I know Stonewall008, I watch all his videos and I see his tier list (and I LOVE his work). On jungler, I should do the same as top lane? fulfill the roles? tank if needed, AP, AD, tanky dps?
  6. Introduce me the new champs, Shyvana is a tanky dps? Sejuani and Nautilus are tankers? they're good choices? Viktor, Volibear? IDK them, IDK their role, their strength, nothing!
  7. The counter-picks will affect a lot of my decisions here? So it's good to have 2 sides of the same coin? like 1 AP with 1 role, and another one with another role, If my first one get countered, I could use the different role that won't be countered?

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH, MAY HAVE (A LOT) SOME MISTAKES, it's not my natural language :D

MORDE ES 1# UEHUEHEUHEUHEEUHE -- see what I did here? .-. (Yes, I'm Brazilian, but i'm trying really hard to play very well this addictive game)
Thx for Nyoike for this sig! Tanks FTW s2
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2012 5:02pm | Report
Ranged AD is actually the most balanced role in the game. Virtually all AD champions are viable and there's only a few that are notably stronger. I'd say Kog'Maw, Urgot and Ashe are three of the best at the moment but they're also hard to play. Sivir or Caitlyn are a lot simpler.

For mid, Cassiopeia, Morgana, Karthus, Kennen and Ryze are all pretty popular at the moment. There's a bunch of other good choices though. I like LeBlanc a lot right now.

You generally want to go with a tanky pick for top. It helps if they have sustain. There are some exceptions like Vladimir or Kennen but that's generally the best. Same with the jungle really, there are very few junglers that aren't offtanks.
Max Carter
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2012 6:04pm | Report
So Urgot and Kog'Maw are notably stronger? idc if they are hard, I need to go through this sometime, and it's better to got while i'm level 10 :D why is Ashe a strongest pick? she just haves slow and stun o.o I can't understand this '-' I'll stick with sivir until i can test Urgot and Kog'Maw. their role is the same? farm, farm, farm, be very behind and wreck the enemies face?

For mid, I don't like Karthus play style, Ryze isn't for me, I always get owned when using him... I think I'll try Cassiopeia/ Morgana/ Kennen they are very strong right? (it's so hard to choose an ap champ xD) Is Gragas a good choice too?

so, for top, tanky champs, Riven? Renekton? Jax? Pantheon? I don't want a champ that will loose damage late game, I want to still make difference ^^
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2012 6:10pm | Report
Ashe is valued by teams for her permaslow and more or less guaranteed initiation anytime and anywhere, but she isn't so strong in solo queue. Urgot is really strong early and has his ult, he also usually builds tanky unlike most ADs. Kog is pretty standard except his lategame is ridiculously strong, but he's vulnerable to being jumped on and insta killed. All of them are hard to play so you might wanna start somewhere else.

Those APs are all strong, Morgana gets banned sometimes though. Gragas is okay I think, but you don't see him much lately. Another good one I forgot to mention is Ahri

Ya those are all good/okay top champs. There's also Udyr, Tryndamere, Vladimir, Olaf, Akali, Gangplank, Warwick, Shen and many others.
Max Carter
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2012 6:29pm | Report
Hm, about top lane I was always interested in Renekton and Olaf, maaybe this is the time to try them [: I'1l try Pantheon too... What would you recommend?

For AP I think I'll follow Kennen because of his stun and mobility, I love it, stun and 1 mobility/escape option... so on this way Morgana and Cassiopeia are out :D

For the AD, well, with Sivir is the same, don't focus me: I'll ricochet you, your mom, baron, your nexus and your fountain tower, focus me and I'll melt like ice cream in hot days, I'm thinking on getting atmogs on her, for last 2 items '-' So, Kog'Maw or Urgot, I'll keep an eye on them...

Can you tell me about the new champs? Volibear, Sejuani and Nautilus. They're all tanky dps? or tankers? With them the older tanks are still viable? (mummy, cho, ram)

PS: Yes, what I said for the AP champs fits on every role, except for support, I like to have 1 stun/HARD CC and 1 escaping move, sivir don't have it but she's very funny :D
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2012 6:41pm | Report
Those three are all tanks/tanky yeah. The only one that seems to be getting any attention is Nautlus. Still not really sure how good he is.

There aren't many ADs that have both hard CC and escapes because that'd be OP. Caitlyn and Vayne are the only two that come to mind and their CC is highly situational.
Max Carter
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2012 7:09pm | Report
Yeah, I know there aren't AD with hard CC and escape, it would be OP²
But thx man! a lot :D I decided some of my choices:

Support: Janna
AD Carry: Imma test Kog'Maw and Urgot. Until there I'll use sivir. I saw a guide with AD Kennen, maybe it can work a bit, stuns, escape mechanism.
AP carry: Kennen, with time I'll look for another
Top: Renekton, Riven, Pantheon, someone with stun, and maybe with some dash spell :D

Thx ^^
Max Carter
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 9:48am | Report
I'm back :D

between Kennen and Gragas who do you think is powerful? and which is more useful to the team?

and between Urgot, Kog'Maw, Ashe and Sivir? In your opinion, of course, who would be the stronger AD carrier? and which is more useful for the team?

Urgot is better on a tanky mana build or full ad build?
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 10:56am | Report
Kennen is better than Gragas at the moment in my opinion. Dat ult is crazy strong. He's definitely getting played more anyway.

Those AD carries are all strong really. In fact, AD is the most balanced role in the game, almost all of them are viable at any Elo. Out of those I like Kog the most because he does so much damage lategame and I think he's fun to play. Useful to the team depends on what your team wants, Kog'Maw for crazy damage, Ashe for amazing initiate/CC, Urgot for someone who's tanky strong in lane with a great ult, Sivir for movespeed and attackspeed.

Most people build Urgot tanky with The Brutalizer and Frozen Heart. I can't tell you an exact build because I've never played him.
Max Carter
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2012 1:22pm | Report
Hm, and they are free rarely right? D: I think I'll have to risk one of them? Urgot just went free, but the others, probably are rare... ( Ashe is cheap, I can get her in 1 day...)

About the build on Urgot I saw a guide who focus a standard ad build, IE, PD, BT, LW, etc, and another one recommends manamune, frozen heart, banshee's, defensive with mana .-. but well, this I'll learn playing

Do you have something to say about on hit kog, or ap kog?

Would you recommend me wait a feeeew weeks til they're free and test them or purchase one? If the answer is "just buy one", who? Kog'Maw or Urgot? on the AP, Kennen? and for a solo top lane, Jax, Renekton, Riven or Shen?

edit: just player with Ashe, 18/11/22, I liked the perma slow, but I fell I'm better with Sivir, or that sivir is stronger...
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide