Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

XJ9 unbanned?

Creator: bitpik April 8, 2015 7:33pm
67 posts - page 1 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
bitpik
<Member>
bitpik's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2015 7:33pm | Report
Now this is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen online.

XJ9 gets unbanned after two years. This is because he's communicated with riot for three months, showing that he's no longer toxic. 1 hour later he gets permabanned again and riot lyte releases this statement. Meanwhile 90% of the people on the thread are cyberbullying XJ9 who is a mentally unstable and a very sensitive teen. And he IS reading it.

I have never been this emotionally invested in a reddit thread. Makes me hate riot(and reddit even more).

EDIT: haha literally as i was typing this the OC got removed. I'll keep this thread up for maybe a couple of hours anyway just because i want people to see this and i need to express my frustration.

UPDATE: XJ9's facebook page no longer exists.
I was born nude but now i am dude
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2015 7:41pm | Report
Last I checked posting nudes of your girlfriend to your facebook page without her consent wasn't an appropriate response to her playing Lee Sin, not to mention very illegal. That's not even the half of it. As far as I'm concerned, I see no reason to unban this guy given his long track record of being extremely toxic.

Riot deciding to unban him was a mistake, but at least they just remedied it. I don't have a lot of sympathy for the guy, he still cannot understand why he was banned in the first place, which is part of the problem.
bitpik
<Member>
bitpik's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2015 8:09pm | Report
I don't disagree with the ban but i think it should have ended after 2 years cause if he ACTUALLY was going to hurt someone in the league community or something similar he would have already(while he was banned). Leaking the Lee sin nudes was something personal and shouldn't affect the ban all that much in my opinion. Same as if someone makes a different crime i definetaly don't think you should be permabanned from something that has nothing to do with it. I would have been okay with Riot just banning XJ9 from competitive play, but at the moment he gets banned on sight on any account, making it impossible for him to for example stream.

Posting your underaged girlfriends nudes because she played lee sin IN AN ARAM is one of the most ****ed up things I've ever heard. But he was only 16 years old at the time and people change. Also i like to consider the fact that he probably got a lot of **** in his real life from it aswell. I mean isn't it illegal? I guess he wasn't punished because he wasn't an adult.

Well the part that I'm mad about isn't really the ban but how they handled it. Unbanning him for only an hour or so was a huge mistake since it probably ****ed with XJ9's feelings and gave a lot of drama from the community. And the reddit comments in that thread are just horrible, if i was XJ9(given i suspect that he already feels really bad mentally) i would have considered killing myself. I feel sad myself when i read some of the comments.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2015 8:19pm | Report
XJ9 was madly popular. While he was a terrible person, his streams was probably one of the most informative streams i've ever watched - I've learned more from his stream alone than all other streams combined.

He was kind of an *******, but I think after such a long period of time, he deserves at least a chance to prove that he's matured a bit. What made me upset was that riot went out of their way to unconditionally ban him again, even after he spent so much time getting his account unbanned. If his account was already unbanned, you might as well just put him on a probation period for a bit, and give him a chance to see if his behavior's improved.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Vengenator
<Fabulous>
Vengenator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2015 8:48pm | Report
bitpik wrote:
Leaking the Lee sin nudes was something personal and shouldn't affect the ban all that much in my opinion. Same as if someone makes a different crime i definetaly don't think you should be permabanned from something that has nothing to do with it.

I shouldn't be laughing at the moment but i am bawling my eyes out
Spare a few Rep+ for the poor ( つ◕◡◕)つ
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2015 8:58pm | Report
It was really obviously illegal so he lost his job. That is basically it.

Basically MOBAFire.
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2015 2:39am | Report
He already got banned by Lyte himself, check the reddit thread.
bitpik
<Member>
bitpik's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2015 4:26am | Report
Vengenator wrote:

I shouldn't be laughing at the moment but i am bawling my eyes out

Well i guess we should be banning everyone with a criminal record then.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2015 5:06am | Report
People who commit crimes due to things in game, sure. Especially, like in this case, if it is part of a stream of terribly toxic behavior. You don't get to do that. If some creepy adult made an account purely for the sake of finding and grooming teenage boys, then was arrested for meeting one of them and molesting them, Riot would be perfectly justified in banning them purely because of that DESPITE the fact that they committed the actual crime outside of the game. Actions have consequences and Xj9 is still not aware that he did anything wrong. Whether it is his fault or not (that he cannot understand why he was banned and basically believes it was the result of a corrupt system), that fact alone is reason enough for Riot to leave him banned.

Him being popular doesn't exempt him from anything: he broke the law multiple times (threatening people is illegal), displayed terrible behavior, and still does not believe he deserved to be banned. If this was some random person who was entirely unknown, you guys wouldn't care one way or the other how Riot treated them.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2015 5:15am | Report
bitpik wrote:
Well i guess we should be banning everyone with a criminal record then.

I agree with that statement, at least to the range it applies in this case.
I mean rape, assault, attempted murder?
Ban those ****ers.
That might already be happening, the only reason we know this for sure is because XJ9 streamed, had a ridiculously toxic personality that got views, and then got punished for a serious crime (even though he was 16)

Basically MOBAFire.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide