Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Android Apps

Creator: Canoas July 31, 2012 5:21am
15 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 12:55pm | Report
I uninstalled go launcher because after you said I thought it was probably not needed after all.. God I was wrong. Honestly, it's so much better than the default look. I use clean grey theme btw.

Oh, and what e-mail app do you use? k-9?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 2:47pm | Report
Gmail? :D

There's also a built in email app in android 4.0 that uses the same interface as the Gmail app. The interface is great too btw, so no need for a third-party app :)
Edit: actually, there's one big problem in the mobile interface (it's no problem on tablets), but it's easily fixed in the settings (general settings->message actions->don't show).

There are so many good changes in 4.0.

I understand if you want a different interface on 2.3, but when you get 4.0 I doubt you'll need the GO launcher.
Remember to change to the default launcher when you get it though. Huwaei might have a custom interface.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 3:24am | Report
I have both gmail and hotmail, and the standard e-mail app doesn't allow for push which kind of sucks.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 6:08am | Report
What is Push? I remember seeing it somewhere. It's like a background system that gives you notifications, no?

I have no idea if they've added that with v4.0, but I don't think I'd have that much use of it, so it probably doesn't matter for me.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 6:50am | Report
Sort of. Push is basically the e-mail server sending you the notifications instead of you being the one asking for them. So if you don't have push every 10 mins or so you ask the server if there's anything new, if you have push the server just sends you the e-mail whenever it arrives.
It's better to have push but if it doesn't then it's not a problem as it's not that noticeable anyway. So far I haven't had any problems without it.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide