Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Cheap laptop? (Gaming)

Creator: screwblum January 9, 2012 10:17pm
52 posts - page 2 of 6
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2012 10:11am | Report
Why is the video only in 480p then?

FRAPS records in a raw file, no compression (even lossless compression), no nothing. It barely seemed like footage recorded on "high" recorded there, and there's no point using lossy compression to upload a quality test.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2012 10:37am | Report
Keep in mind that using a laptop keyboard for gaming is very, very suboptimal. As a gamer used to a real keyboard I would never want to use a laptop keyboard.
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2012 10:42am | Report
Xenasis wrote:

Why is the video only in 480p then?

Oh, i am SOOOOO sorry. Why don't you ask the maker of the video, hell if i know.

Are saying is that Fraps cant have a effect on your game performance?

Cause that is quite frankly a lie /:
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2012 10:42am | Report
Searz wrote:

Keep in mind that using a laptop keyboard for gaming is very, very suboptimal. As a gamer used to a real keyboard I would never want to use a laptop keyboard.

That is 100% a preference thing.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2012 10:51am | Report
I'm amused to see there is an argument pertaining to laptop vrs desktop...

This is not only simple logic, but there's fact behind it as well.

Desktop > Laptop. The parts are cheaper, stronger, run cooler (And therefore faster), etc, etc, etc.

They can be made bigger which is part of why they are cheaper, but it also means there's potential for more hardware and thusly a better part. Also parts for laptops are often times designed more to fit in the laptop than they are to run at max potential. Sometimes even if you have the same or comparable "Spec" in a laptop as you do in a desktop, the desktop offers superior quality.

I myself game on my laptop, I'm too broke to buy anything like a gaming rig at the moment. Fortunately my laptop is really good or I'd be seriously S.O.L.
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2012 10:55am | Report
^True (:

I just cant imagine not having the ability to move around and be able to play everywhere.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2012 12:19pm | Report
omagma wrote:

That is 100% a preference thing.

Have you ever had a gaming PC?
I think not.
The difference to me is huge. Not being able to position and adjust your keyboard actually makes quite a big difference.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2012 12:24pm | Report
I'm currently on laptop too. Gave ~1000$ for it about 1 year ago. Lol runs smoothly and can run new games fine. I have Battlefield 3 on Medium with 1680x1050 running 50 fps.

But yeah on topic, you already realize that for same price, you're going to get way more from PC than laptop. But PC cant be carried around and doesn't have what laptops are made for. Mobility. Why does everyone says he should buy PC, when he obviously stated that he needs mobility?

About laptop keyboards its a matter of personal opinion. I played on Razer Tarantula and everything, now I'm playing on HP keyboard that's in laptop(its very nice btw) and have no problems with it.

The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2012 12:25pm | Report
True, comfort and such are often times better as well, but on an even more basic level, the quality of comparable spec parts is generally superior on a desktop.
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2012 12:39pm | Report
To sum it up; Only buy laptop is you seriously need mobility. If mobility is not what you need, you should take PC. Laptop does everything PC does, just half worse for same price. So before buying you should seriously consider. Is it worth it? Are there so many occasions where you would/could need laptop?

Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide