Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Darkspore

Creator: Trojan995 February 10, 2011 6:25pm
5 posts - page 1 of 1
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2011 6:25pm | Report
EA games recently opened up the Darkspore beta, and I got in! Woohoo, I'm pretty pumped since I haven't been in many (any) game betas. Anyone else got into the closed beta? If so, I'm UrsusPolaris.

Quoted:
The Beta will be open tomorrow, Feb 11th at 12pm, and run through Saturday, Feb 12th at 11:59. This will be the first of many open Beta periods.

Found this on the forums. I gotta wait til tomorrow, too bad I can't find the file right now. I'll keep you guys updated.

2/11/11 3:15PM update: I finally found the file, but it took a LOT of digging. I hope they improve that next patch and/or during release. That really bugged me. First patch (0.0.0.0, haha) is a big one, I'll probably play a few game types and then update this thread again.

2/11/11 4:45PM update: After nearly an hour of installing, darkspore immediately crashed upon opening. I'm talking double-click and the "darkspore has crashed" pop-up doesn't even hesitate. This bugs me to no end; I'll post in the beta forums and see what I can do.

2/11/11 10:21PM update: Still no response to my instant client crash on the support forums. I'm getting pretty pissed, this is only a 3-day thing. I want to play before this ends, so I can get a feel for the type of gameplay.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2011 6:45pm | Report
What is it? Can you describe gameplay, mechanics, etc? :D
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2011 6:49pm | Report
I haven't even installed, haha. I just finished homework though so I'll give a quick review once I've played a game or two.

EDIT: I'm not quite sure if they've actually put out the closed beta, but I did receive an email claiming I had been chosen to participate. It's looking now like they've just chosen who's gonna be in it, but not released the beta? if that makes any sense. I can't get the whole email to load anyways so maybe I'll get more information once I get that working.
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2011 6:50pm | Report
yeah i'd like to know what they did to spore. spore was awesome on its own and it didnt need some competitive multiplayer to hold it up. but we'll see.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2011 6:54pm | Report
Update! I clicked the broken image in the email, and now it's installing darkspore.exe. It's a long download though, but I'll try and get something posted tonight.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide