Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Do you guys use Google+?

Creator: Janitsu October 7, 2014 9:52pm
30 posts - page 2 of 3
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 11:25am | Report

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 11:50am | Report
Didnt google+ yet, but I am adding aaaaaaaaaall the mobaferians :3

EDIT: https://plus.google.com/u/0/109164095176042316620/about
Change is gooooood

Je suis le bee
~ Meiyjhe ~
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 12:32pm | Report
Searz wrote:

It has actually already found its feet. Google+ is the second largest social media network right now. Only Facebook is bigger.

This was done in January of 2013:

Yeah, Hangouts is pretty amazing, meanwhile Skype has been in steady decline for years.

No, comparing G+ to Facebook is a fair comparison. They both occupy the same market, albeit G+ has a wider focus. A large difference is that one consistently aims to make life easier for the users while the other is remaining mostly the same.
G+ has a ton of functionality beyond that of Facebook.
I hardly have any friends on there, I use it mostly for following interesting people, because of how much better the experience is compared to Facebook. I just check Facebook a couple of times a month while I check G+ a couple of times a week.

It hasn't found it's feet, It's forced signups because of it's large user base and integration.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2014 1:51pm | Report
[deleted] wrote:
It hasn't found it's feet, It's forced signups because of it's large user base and integration.

First I just gotta go a little grammar nazi on you. Possessive of "it" is "its", not "it's". You skip the apostrophe to avoid confusing it with the contraction of "it is".

Ops, that list showed the number of active users that used any Google+ integrated service. It didn't get second largest until 10months later.
It wasn't until October of 2013 that Google+ hit 300,000 active users for the G+ website itself, making it the second largest social network in regards to active users.

That being said, while it is the second largest, people still spend a lot less time on G+ than they do on Facebook.
And the portion of active users to total is just ~30% (there's over a billion total users but only ~300,000 active). The number rises to about 50-60% when integrated services are included.

xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 8:13am | Report
I use Google+ to sign up faster ( you know those sites 'sign up with fb, google, etc' cause I have no one added there, so no one sees when I sign up for random handy games lol
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 9:33am | Report

Meiyjhe wrote:
Didnt google+ yet, but I am adding aaaaaaaaaall the mobaferians :3

EDIT: https://plus.google.com/u/0/109164095176042316620/about

added you both :)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 8:15pm | Report
OOOH, polls were integrated into G+ with the latest update :D
https://plus.google.com/107797272029781254158/posts/H6WAFzE3n7Y
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2014 8:17pm | Report
Cool, although I don't see how these kinds of polls would be more effective than google forms. Those forms are SO useful!
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2014 5:00am | Report
Yeah, but these are for more casual uses. Like the way they're done on forums, where you just need 1 poll question instead of 10-20 questions.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
R4GE
<Member>
R4GE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2014 7:39am | Report
Goole+ looks fine, but I don't use it that much since I'm living in my own world. I use Google Drive and GMail for school but the social part of Google is a new thing for me.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide