Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

dota 2 tourney stream

Creator: caucheka August 17, 2011 1:56am
25 posts - page 3 of 3
1 2 3
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2011 10:05am | Report
Wtf are they using to stream? lmfao.

I don't understand how they can hold a tournament before the game is even out, very very stupid idea IMO. What we see on the stream is probably pretty low level play compared to what we can see in the future.

Still gonna buy it though cause everytime I hear caucheka complain about other games it makes me giggle :D

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2011 10:30am | Report
B-Wong wrote:

I don't understand how they can hold a tournament before the game is even out, very very stupid idea IMO. What we see on the stream is probably pretty low level play compared to what we can see in the future.

Yea.. Seems very dumb..
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2011 1:19pm | Report
Gunilla PR Tactics. Get as much exposure as possible as fast as possible then hide away, rinse repeat. They don't care how well the game preforms right now as long as people see it.

Trying to get Ye Olde fan boys out of the basement (or back into it). The game already has massive hype, this multiplies it. Right now they probably can safely estimate 40-50% "re-uppers" from the original DoTA fan base simply from this tournament alone....

I'm not saying that's for sure, but it's most likely their strategy.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2011 11:19pm | Report
Hey guys, don't let me derail the thread but in case you haven't been watching DOTAFire, we just launched a hero database :) We have some info on heroes that haven't been revealed anywhere else yet, so check it out:

http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/heroes
http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/forum/news/hero-database-launched-25

That is all, continue!
Trophycase
<Editor>
Trophycase's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 12:11am | Report
This is very similar to DOTA and HoN. Couriers have existed. Towers have always done a lot less than in LoL (you protect the towers, they don't protect you)

The nuking is a bit dumb, but that is how they punish poor positioning and lack of focus fire. Unlike LoL which is just terribly forgiving in therms of being out of position

But I definitely will continue to play LoL for awhile until I get the actual verdict
Check out my Swain, Taric, and Ashe guides!
No guides currently in progress!
If I helped you at all, give me a +Rep please, thanks!
Also check out my stream!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide