Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Please help me and my team!

Creator: Rinder5 August 5, 2011 12:28am
1 2
dmarco
<Member>
dmarco's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2011 3:13am | Report
The link IS the virus website.. Lol...
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2011 5:36am | Report

Isn't phishing where the link that you click on directs you somewhere else...?

Can't you prevent it by hovering over the link to see if they match...

No, that you cannot.
I'm no pro (by any means) on these things, but I think phishing can't be done without they wanting you to download something or wanting you to click something on their site. Phishing is when the site stores something on your computer that stores passwords and user names and sends them to the creator. I don't think modern browsers can just add something to your computer without you having to click a button. (call me credulous, but I believe browsers nowadays are secure enough (not counting IE, ofc))
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
Xiron
<Editor>
Xiron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2011 5:50am | Report
OMG I hate guys like you -_-

Why are u doing this?
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2011 6:02am | Report
Phishing: Phishing is a way of attempting to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication.

Basically, they make you enter your personal info to create a log in, and then they send it to their servers, and then they steal all your ****.
Tri lane for life.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2011 6:04am | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Phishing: Phishing is a way of attempting to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication.

Basically, they make you enter your personal info to create a log in, and then they send it to their servers, and then they steal all your ****.

Yeah. I'm sure we've all got that spam - "YOUR ACCOUNT IS IN DANGER, TYPE IN YOUR PASSWORD ON THIS DODGY WEBSITE TO REMOVE THE DANGER"
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2011 6:26am | Report
Temzilla wrote:

they make you enter your personal info to create a log in, and then they send it to their servers, and then they steal all your ****.

If you're ******ed enough to fall for something like this; you deserve it..
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
Xiron
<Editor>
Xiron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2011 6:34am | Report
Funny story: "Blizzard" sent me an E-Mail telling me my WoW account is in danger and I had to tell my password and my name and so on.

Fun Fact: I'm not playing WoW?!? (And I never did)
Thanks to Xiaowiriamu!
Nyoike
<Member>
Nyoike's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 6, 2011 9:31am | Report
Xiron wrote:

Funny story: "Blizzard" sent me an E-Mail telling me my WoW account is in danger and I had to tell my password and my name and so on.

Fun Fact: I'm not playing WoW?!? (And I never did)

Same, except for the never did part, and I almost fell for it at one time, but then I realized, "Wait, this is the wrong email account!"

I did however get my account hacked one time (still not sure how, hadn't played for like 6 months or something)
To be updated soon!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide