Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Research help :S

Creator: TinyStar April 18, 2013 3:13pm
30 posts - page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2013 8:50am | Report
Searz wrote:

Yea, I know right? Religion is stupid.

only when cuddowls talks about it.

Thanks to Hogopogo for my signature!

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2013 9:01am | Report
TinyStar wrote:

>_>;

You were practically begging for it :D

i will make another argument based on the shift of scientific research and industry: why has the vast majority of economic growth in the chemistry field gone in the direction of biochemistry/green chemistry? because A) green chemistry is trendy due to the attempts of parts of the scientific community (and al gore...wtf al gore) that is pushing for sustainability and the slowing of global warming B) biological processes that have been established through evolution/adaptation are far more efficient and well designed than any artificial program/material we can make. if this is the case why would we mess with pregnancy/natural birth that has been adapted and refined through years of breeding. most likely we can conclude that its current process is the most effective method for reproduction with the genetic diseases included (this is also a strong argument against birth control pills but that is a whole different argument).

A very strong point against this conduct.
While I don't think it's wrong in and of itself (like some people might think), it's still a new technology and needs refining before it can truly affect humanity for the better.
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
TinyStar
<Altruistic Artist>
TinyStar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2013 9:14am | Report
Searz wrote:

You were practically begging for it :D

I was not I was trying to be respectful by not starting a fight and having people get their feelings hurt about their views. XD
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2013 9:45am | Report
TinyStar wrote:

I was not I was trying to be respectful by not starting a fight and having people get their feelings hurt about their views. XD

I'm kidding, obviously.

You also managed to screw up your quote somehow, lol :P
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2013 10:01am | Report
so do you have enough argument for your research homework?

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

TinyStar
<Altruistic Artist>
TinyStar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2013 10:15am | Report

so do you have enough argument for your research homework?

I do(: thank you everyone. When I finish writing it,I will let you see it and let you know my grade!

You all made valid points and backed up my reasoning why it should stay legalized here in 'Murica
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2013 10:52am | Report
good deal. hope you ace it :)

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2013 1:29pm | Report
Ah the designer baby. Almost becaome a classic for schools now eh?

Well let me give you my opione:

Let me start of with my view on life and human life in particular.

Every life is something special that said every possibility to help this life be a healthy one is great. So yeah I am not against genetic checks and stuff like that. I personly think it is a great think to tell the parentes befor hand that they have a high chance to have a disabled baby. I know some familys that have disabled kids and while they dearly love their kids it is not hard to see that it is a high burden compared to a ... "normal" kid and that is quite a lot work to beginn with.

This all said I really dislike the idea of designer babys. I am fine to use the stuff we reached in genetics to help people to get a healthy kid or a kid at all but to try to make you kid pretty or even to be naiv enough that it will make it smart just disgusting to me. How naiv ... no stupied does one have to be to really think that traits like nice hair or a pretty face are the most importent thing you kid needs. SRSLY. People that think like that should be forbidden th have children.... I am getting off- topic.
I guess it is like alwayse in science. It brings great benefits. But put it in the hands of an ******* or idiote and you might aswell just stay in stone age.
Thanks lgnition for the Sig.
TinyStar
<Altruistic Artist>
TinyStar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2013 2:14pm | Report
LaronX wrote:

Ah the designer baby. Almost becaome a classic for schools now eh?

Well let me give you my opione:

Let me start of with my view on life and human life in particular.

Every life is something special that said every possibility to help this life be a healthy one is great. So yeah I am not against genetic checks and stuff like that. I personly think it is a great think to tell the parentes befor hand that they have a high chance to have a disabled baby. I know some familys that have disabled kids and while they dearly love their kids it is not hard to see that it is a high burden compared to a ... "normal" kid and that is quite a lot work to beginn with.

This all said I really dislike the idea of designer babys. I am fine to use the stuff we reached in genetics to help people to get a healthy kid or a kid at all but to try to make you kid pretty or even to be naiv enough that it will make it smart just disgusting to me. How naiv ... no stupied does one have to be to really think that traits like nice hair or a pretty face are the most importent thing you kid needs. SRSLY. People that think like that should be forbidden th have children.... I am getting off- topic.
I guess it is like alwayse in science. It brings great benefits. But put it in the hands of an ******* or idiote and you might aswell just stay in stone age.

Hm,you make a good point. Me personally, I wouldn't 'design' my baby. Now I would get them checked for any diseases,but to go as far as hair color and such,erm. Maybe not,but that is me. I can't tell other people what to do.

Thank you for commenting (:
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 20, 2013 4:30am | Report
Im against it, while im a person that thinks evolution is important, human lives can be measures with money and it is okay to do living human experiments, it is one step towards taking away ones freedom, its called designer baby so i guess theres more to it then just taking away any illnes, like the haircolor you like n ****? If i go into the extreme i dont want to see a classroom full of brown-haired blue-eyes little ****ers because brown hair and blue eyes was in 'fashion' this time, i also dont like the principle of taking away ones freedom, and deciding how you want your baby to look is taking away a part of his freedom.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide