Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

something i thought about themeing in diablo...

Creator: caucheka May 18, 2012 4:25am
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2012 4:25am | Report
look at screenshots of the first 2 diablos for a second. i'll wait.

what do you see? predominately 2 colors, stone gray and blood red. both of those colors combined reflect one theme, corruption. whether it be the blood-soaked altar or the virgin mary statue bleeding from the eyes, corruption is apparent in both diablo 1 and 2.

hell, in the first diablo, practically the entire game took place in a desecrated cathedral/church. then in the second the game took place again in the desecrated cathedral, then to defiled tombs, and ruined temples before act 4, which symbolically was the descent from heaven (pandemonium fortress) to hell (river of flames) to, again a desecrated cathedral. (which was even shaped like a cross too.)

we also saw the corruption of heroes in diablo 2, as the characters of the first game (rogue, wizard, and warrior) became twisted versions of their former selves, (blood raven, the summoner, and the dark wanderer respectively.)

another important theme to note in diablo is religion, which doesnt really need to be touched upon, you see religious symbolism plastered everywhere in diablo 1 and 2, including the holy-man paladin class.

now, my only experience with diablo 3 is what i've seen in videos and the open beta weekend, but diablo 3 threw that all out the ****ing window. they never mention what happened to the characters from diablo 2. if anything, the theme of d3 was about war-torn and ravaged landscapes. or something.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2012 4:37am | Report
caucheka wrote:
now, my only experience with diablo 3 is what i've seen in videos and the open beta weekend
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

Rozsud3k
<Member>
Rozsud3k's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2012 6:04am | Report
Seems legit.

I don't even

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions: