Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Sony Vegas Pro 10 Rendering Settings

Creator: Scrax April 10, 2012 6:04am
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 6:04am | Report
So I'm wondering if anyone's got some really good settings for me to use when it comes to rendering movies? I'm currently rendering 1080p and the quality is great, but the brightness ALWAYS decreases after rendering for some odd reason.

Sony AVC/MVC (.mp4, m2ts, avc)
Video format: AVC
Frame size: 1920 x 1080
Profile: Baseline
Entropy Coding: CAVLC
Frame Rate: Same rate I record in; 50 FPS
Field Order: None (progressive scan)
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0000
Bit Rate: 16 000 000
Encode Mode: Automatic

I'm thinking of just recording in 30 FPS, but I really like the smooth slowmotion. Input please :)!
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 6:29am | Report
I don't think it has something to do with settings. Did you try adding brightness filters? Add them either to entire projects or only sections that appear too dark after rendering and it may help.What are you recording anyway? Games, real life? And what software(if you're recording games on PC) and hardware do you use?

Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 7:36am | Report
I've tried adding brightness, but then it just looks f*ing ridiculous. FRAPS on any game. Hardware is irrelevant, it's a good gaming rig.

When I try random settings the brightness is fine, it's with these settings I get this issue, hence why I want to try any other 1080p settings people might have.

It's not that I don't know how to capture, edit and produce movies, it's just this funky bug/glitch/whatever thats got me in a headlock. Quite annoying.
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 7:54am | Report
Well I heard that Fraps doesn't capture gamma information from games, so it may be Fraps issue, not Sony Vegas. And if you look it from other perspective. Maybe brightness isn't screwed up after rendering because of different settings(you said it works fine when you use random settings), but rather because video can't handle rendering in 1080p.

The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 8:16am | Report
I get the same result at 720, which is weird. And the video is not the issue, almost anything can be rendered 1080p, not to mention BF3 on ultra. And the clips look fine watching them pre-rendering (raw files).

Meh, I'll keep trying.

EDIT: Slapping on some random generated brightness filter now to see if it works.
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 11:31am | Report
You said that everything looks like **** i you use brightness filter. Did you try using it only in sequences that are mostly dark and leave those that are okay alone? And I even tried to Google it for you, and for most people its the same bug that you have. It looks okay pre-render, but then the brightness is different, lower or higher. Tried reinstalling Sony Vegas? Maybe there is a corrupted file or just some bad setting that you don't know how to revert?

Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2012 11:38am | Report
I've tried changing the filter around, yeah. It kind of looks ok now (just smacked on top of the entire video layer to properly reduce any rendered shades and dark colors), but it's still somewhat funky. And I'm too lazy to reinstall :P

Thanks for the help, appreciated. Gonna live with the filter right now.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide