Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Creator: Canoas May 1, 2011 11:54am
1 2 3
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 11:54am | Report
Just read the reviews, seems like it'll be a wow clone set in the star war universe. The battle videos already showed it wouldn't be as good as I thought, but I guess I just didn't want to believe they ruined star wars.

Were you guys expecting this or still hoped that it would be a good game?
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 12:00pm | Report
KotoR I and II have been the best rpg's of all time. Guess ToR is gonna be good, too because it is very story based.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 1:40pm | Report
To bad i am tierd of: "Press 1 to do spell" MMO's.

I am saveing my money for Guild wars 2. Atleast that game seems like it is tryeing something new...
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 1:42pm | Report

To bad i am tierd of: "Press 1 to do spell" MMO's.

I am saveing my money for Guild wars 2. Atleast that game seems like it is tryeing something new...

^ this

GW2 yipee

I hope I can be a bear. I like bears.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
ShadowReign757
<Member>
ShadowReign757's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 1:49pm | Report
I never expected much, and this confirms that I will most likely never play it. As for GW2, never played 1, don't know why I would play 2. I'll probably try it, but I won't play it for long.

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate -- the bombs always hit the ground.

PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 1:52pm | Report
Look upp some info about GW2, your mind is gonna be blown!

My self have never played GW or even read about it. Been playing wow for 4 years and stuff.

Look upp some fact about GW2 then tell me that you don't want it.

And sorry for going OT. But SWTOR seems so booring... Wow with lightsabers... Cool, i rather go play my KOTOR
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 1:54pm | Report
Wintermond wrote:

KotoR I and II have been the best rpg's of all time. Guess ToR is gonna be good, too because it is very story based.

From the reviews I read it wasn't very story based at all. You don't feel immersed in the game like they said you would, you keep getting quests like "pick up X items" and "kill X mobs".

Now I'm waiting for Blade & Soul, Secret World and Guild Wars 2. But to be honest I feel that GW2 is the only one that won't disappoint me.
ShadowReign757
<Member>
ShadowReign757's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 1:56pm | Report
If it's anything like WoW, I won't have the patience to get anything done in it.

Any ship can be a minesweeper... once.

Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 2:00pm | Report
I think the main problem is that few developers have to balls to be innovative, which is just sad. If they make a WoW clone I'd rather just start playing WoW again. At least I know what I'm paying for.
OsmBear
<Member>
OsmBear's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2011 2:17pm | Report
Trojan995 wrote:

^ this

GW2 yipee

I hope I can be a bear. I like bears.

GW2 has taken Star Wars: OLd Republic's place for me. I'm still going to try it out but it looks like it's WoW with Star Wars pasted on it. What I do like about Old Republic is that dialogue wheel in the quests.

caucheka wrote:

im not going to play portal or portal to because to me its uninteresting. i played a flash game someone made to mimic portal in 2d but it was just boring.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide