Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Well ****.

Creator: B-Wong July 2, 2011 8:16am
8 posts - page 1 of 1
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2011 8:16am | Report
So I have 2 Hard Drives, an external and an internal one. I put a LOT of my stuff on my external just because I already had most of the stuff on that before I had gotten this internal Hard Drive.

Well that ****ing piece of **** started crashing and now I'm missing ~1100 songs and 500 pictures. Everything else I really could care less about because I can always redownload things. Fuuuck. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix a crashed hard drive or am I actually ****ed? <3

Also: Back up your files n' ****.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2011 8:33am | Report
Use RAID to avoid **** like this :P
(it's basically real-time backup, but without slowing **** down)

I've heard a computer fixing guy I know say that you might be able to get the HDD to work again for a short time if you put it in the freezer. I got no idea of why, but it's certainly worth a shot.
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 2, 2011 10:02am | Report
Searz wrote:

Use RAID to avoid **** like this :P
(it's basically real-time backup, but without slowing **** down)

I've heard a computer fixing guy I know say that you might be able to get the HDD to work again for a short time if you put it in the freezer. I got no idea of why, but it's certainly worth a shot.

Yea i tried that already, didn't seem to work. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I need me a safe full of Hard Drives, I think that'd be pretty cool.

AFKwithyoursister's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2011 6:22pm | Report
B-Wong wrote:

Yea i tried that already, didn't seem to work. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I need me a safe full of Hard Drives, I think that'd be pretty cool.

Freezer full of hard drives.
Karthus by LaCorpse

Fearless bush diving

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2011 7:03pm | Report
Be happy your external hardrive stopped working and not your main one. I got a new hardrive and lost all my ****, 4k songs, 500 pictures, all my sigs, etc etc.

You can try and repair it if it's not ****ed up completely, costs about $50 if that's all they have to do (least where I live).

princessmisery
<Member>
princessmisery's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2011 7:42pm | Report
Ok well I don't know what you mean by "crashed". What is it doing? There are several great pieces of software to help repair and recover things on HDD's. Look 'em up, hun.

Not to mention it's great that it's an external because you can direct and fix through your PC. It would royally suck harder if it was your one and only main drive on your PC. lol
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 4, 2011 1:46am | Report
I mean everytime the thing tries to start up, it crashes on itself. Looked up as much stuff as I could but couldn't recover it. But all I really was looking for was my songs and I found a way to rip songs from my iPod back to my pc, so I'm pretty happy about that. But still lost quite a few pictures and some videos, etc.

orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 4, 2011 11:18am | Report
That's one of the reasons i'm considering buying a NAS...

This one caught my eye: http://www.amazon.co.uk/QNAP-TS-412-Marvell-1-2GHz-built/dp/B004LOCFUY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=computers&qid=1309795954&sr=8-1
76. GLHF is code for "We are going to rape you". Not returning the favor is giving consent.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide