Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

What do you game with?

Creator: B-Wong September 22, 2010 6:35pm
17 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2010 6:35pm | Report
What's your rig setup? We don't really have to talk computer specs here (make me feel inferior :() but what do you guys game with?

I'm using a Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard and I've been using it for a good year or so now, but I'm thinking about running down to the store and getting a new one (the buttons feel a bit too hard to press IMO). The spacing feels good but eh, I'll see what other wired keyboards I can find at Fry's for 10$ (Gaming Keyboards aren't exactly better, progamers use simpler keyboards and I'm used to the simpler ones, it's just more comfortable in a way).
I'm using a Gearhead Laser USB mouse (Yes, wired only for me.). It's not so bad but I'm looking into a new Razer mouse (Razer Salmosa). The cord on this thing is like the polar opposite of "slack". A lot of the time I'll have to take 2 seconds out of my gaming to pull the cord behind the computer to let the thing loosen up a little (any suggestions on how to get it to slack a bit more?)
I'm using some mousepad I found for 15$. It's absolute ****. The edges are curling up, it attracts so much outside debris and I personally feel like it's draggin' me down a bit (lot). Almost as much as my computer. Lookin into yet again: another Razer mousepad (I hear it's pretty low friction and I've seen many players use it, I'll just have to try it for myself.)
Usin some ErgoBead things as a wristrest (feels nice when gaming, I like it, not sure if anyone else would, though).
My monitor is the only thing I really love. An HP 2009m monitor and it's beautiful. Simply eyegasming.

Ugh, as you insisted my computer specs:

2.8GHz Pentium Processor (old *** nigga)
3GB RAM
650W Power Supply
Gigabyte Motherboard (doesn't support anything newer than the dual core pentium processor that I have ;~;)
Radeon HD 5750 Video Card (Don't get Radeon video cards... the drivers are ******ed).
and that's all worth mentioning.

How bout you?

Alahric
<Ancient Member>
Alahric's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2010 10:59pm | Report
****ty Dell Laptop with plastic mouse.

Otherwise I got a special ordered computer from 2008 with some decent gear.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 22, 2010 11:27pm | Report
ATM:
Laptop C2D 2.1GHz, 3GB DDR3, GF130M(DDR3)
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
Mice: Razer Deathadder or Razer Imperator or Razer Diamondback or Razer Salmosa
Mousepad: Razer Destructor or Everglide Ricochet
Headphones: Plantronics Gamecom 377.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2010 6:31am | Report
Right not i play on a OK acer aspire
Mice: Razor Deathadder ofc : )
Headphones: Steelseries 5Hv2 (i think)
Mousepad: Razor Goliath
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2010 3:48pm | Report
T^T I need to decide between:
Razer Salmosa, Diamondback, Copperhead, or Krait (people say Krait is pretty fail, though). I'm pretty leanient towards the Salmosa. I claw grip :p I enjoy fairly small mice, too.

Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2010 5:09pm | Report
MS Natural keyboard, MS Natural mouse. NOONE else makes either as comfortable as MS, which is unfortunate because aside from the superior ergonomic layouts they're pretty meh, and there is only really one model to "choose" from. The mouse for example, has a wireless range of about 5-6 inches before it starts flaking out or just not responding at all. However, I can't use any of these fancy keyboards/mice any more, so much time behind a desk has destroyed my hands/wrists :(

Also spoil myself a bit with monitors and chair. One 30" LCD as my main (2560x1600 gaming <3), a 21" rotated vertically to its left and a second 21" to its right, hooked up to my laptop with a software KVM (Input Director) which lets me use the second computer like an extended desktop but doesn't break when playing games. Kicking back in a Herman Miller Mirra chair :)
Apotheosis
<Veteran>
Apotheosis's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2010 5:38pm | Report
One word, ThunderCougarFalconBird

nah, custom built computer with antec 1200 case showing off the leet blue led lights, i7 extreme, dual 9800gtx+ (buy bfg vid cards btw, you can trade them in for upgrades later which im doing), 1200 W power supply, 7 fans + liquid cooling, 6gb corsair dominators, velociraptor hard drive, asus 22in, razor blue led keyboard and g5 mouse. dont buy anything but the g5 or g500 mice by logitech.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2010 1:05am | Report
@ B-Wong

I have some expirience in testing razer mice even for razer itself so i hope i will be at any assistance.

Exept the grip, what do you search in a mouse?
What games do you play?
What do you lack in your mice you own now (and what mouse is it)
What type of surface are you working on?
Is price an issue?

B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2010 7:33am | Report
DEWO wrote:

@ B-Wong

I have some expirience in testing razer mice even for razer itself so i hope i will be at any assistance.

Exept the grip, what do you search in a mouse?
What games do you play?
What do you lack in your mice you own now (and what mouse is it)
What type of surface are you working on?
Is price an issue?

I look for a average-small mouse, I claw grip. Also, optical is preferrable. I like having the ability to change sensitivity through drivers, if possible (dpi, polling rate and all that other good stuff.)
I play Rts and sometimes gps but heavy Rts really.
The nmouse I have now is way to heavy and I think the left click button is giving out on me. It's a
gearhead laser USB ( you'll probably find it somewhere online on amaZon or something)
I play on a normal old desk with a cloth weave mousepad, looking to buy a new one if you could help me there, too thatd be awesome.
Price should be< 80 . It's my birthday so it shouldn't be the greatest obstacle but I still want to keep it reaaonable.

EDIT: I saw the Salmosa in comparison to a CD.. ******** I probably can't play with something like that :X so I guess I'm ruling that out. Abyssus also seems a very good alternative. People say it's a bigger Salmosa in all essentialness(word?).

REEDIT: After looking at size comparisons, Abyssus/Salmosa is the same dimensions except from bottom of the mat to the top of the mouse. Re-opening the Salmosa to suggestions.

DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2010 2:46am | Report
Ok if you are not playing any FPS games you should take any laser mouse. DPI is not an issue at all in RTS games.

I would like to totaly advice you leaving Salmosa alone. It is already a discontinued mouse anyway and buying one will be buying a not sold product for high price. Quite old sensor (same as Diamondback 3G. Good but also you will lack "something". I had both Karna Precision (pre-3G 1600dpi) and 3G itself. 1800 dpi is not enaugh even for today games. The 3.5G Infrared sensor is perfect for most uses (even for High sens FPSes - but it can lack a bit if you are realy demanding) You have to watch out for 3.5G laser sensors from razer. The Philips sensor sucks... I own Razer Imperator with this sensor and was testing Mamba and Naga with same sensor. Each one has some flaws.

For you i will totaly advice Razer Abussus. 3500dpi is enaugh to set your ingame sens to 1.0.
1000Hz poling gives you "0 lag" on movement (not that important on RTS games).
The only thing that made me use Deathadder instead of Abyssus is the side buttons that i am used to while playing FPS games. Abyssus has only 3 buttons (L, R and Scroll). If this is what you are looking for, than Abyssus is the mouse for you.

IDK if you would be interested coz of your mouse grip, but a great mice in that pricing is Logitech G500. I recomend you to try finding those mices in retail store and checing how they fit your hand. Logitech is more flexible and it is the only laser mouse that i accualy enjoyed.

You could also be interested in Roccat Kone (rev. 2.0 NOT 3.0). Very good quality/value as well. The 3.0 ver is untested by me but it has a laser tracking (probably same philips sensor as razer lasers) which could cause problems :)

2nd of all i would suggest getting some decent mousepad.
If you dont have much money you should take a look at Goliathus. It is VERY cheap for the quality it offers. I like more control in Low DPI games (RTS, RPG and Counter Strike) so i would advice that one for LoL. Speed ver is great for Quake, UT and other very fast games. Unfortunatly from my observation control one wares of faster.
Dependable on how you like to play, more speed or control?
Great pads for quality/value.

I personaly like "hard" pads that is why i own Destructor. Goliathus should be replaced every 2 years max for max precision.

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide