Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Question Concerning Manamune

Creator: STRYKER29 September 2, 2011 11:45am
STRYKER29
<Member>
STRYKER29's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2011 11:45am | Report
The tooltip for Manamune says that it adds 4 to your max mana each time an ability is used. That part of it makes sense. But here's what I'm wondering:

When said ability is used, does it also add those 4 mana to your total mana? Ex. You use an ability with low cost such as Sivir's Ricochet (cost 6 mana), does using this add 4 mana to your current total mana making the actual cost of using the ability 2 mana?

Again, I understand the whole adds 4 mana to your max mana, but when it adds that is the mana already usable mana or does it have to regen.

I think that made sense...
Many an opportunity is lost because a man is out looking for four-leaf clovers. ~Author Unknown

When I was young, I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. So I did ten times more work. ~George Bernard Shaw
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2011 11:51am | Report
It does have to regen and Sivir's Riccochet will only add 1 mana because it's an attack. You're getting Archangel's Staff and Manamune confused. Archangel will add 4 mana on non-toggle skills. Manamune will add 3 mana for a skill and 1 mana for an attack. It will however add 4 mana if the skill is one that procs on-hits like Double Up, Mystic Shot or Parrrley.
True love is found only in yourself.
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2011 11:54am | Report
I don't think it actually adds on the mana to your pool, I think it only increases the max size
UltimateHavok
<Member>
UltimateHavok's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2011 12:06pm | Report
I would assume that while increasing the maximum mana pool it would also add the mana, but it's just an assumption.
My name is Havok.
And yes, your mother loves me.

Check out my Katarina guide!
+rep me because I am awesome.

Thanks to jhoijhoi!
STRYKER29
<Member>
STRYKER29's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2011 1:14pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

It does have to regen and Sivir's Riccochet will only add 1 mana because it's an attack. You're getting Archangel's Staff and Manamune confused. Archangel will add 4 mana on non-toggle skills. Manamune will add 3 mana for a skill and 1 mana for an attack. It will however add 4 mana if the skill is one that procs on-hits like Double Up, Mystic Shot or Parrrley.

I forgot that it counts only when you toggle it, not when you attack. I was merely using it as an example anyway. But I looked at what Manamune said and you get 1 mana per attack and 4 per ability used, not 3 as you stated (however, it is on a 3 second cooldown so perhaps that's where you got the 3 from?).

But it seems as though we're still unable to figure out whether it adds it to your mana pool or just adds on max mana. Any additional input would be appreciated.

Also, I'm pretty sure I just realized that I could just go do a match and pay attention to how much mana I have as I use and ability, but then you have to be sure that what you're seeing is in fact the Manamune taking effect and not your mana regen...
Many an opportunity is lost because a man is out looking for four-leaf clovers. ~Author Unknown

When I was young, I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. So I did ten times more work. ~George Bernard Shaw
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2011 1:21pm | Report
no, toggle skills dont affect it at all.

you could stand in the nexus pool just toggling on and off and get no mana.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2011 1:37pm | Report
You do not get it immediately into your mana pool. It adds to your max but that 1/3/4 you get still needs to be regen-ed.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2011 3:25pm | Report
Can anyone find a real source on this?
"Gold can't buy you rape." - Mr Sark
STRYKER29
<Member>
STRYKER29's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2011 4:56pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

no, toggle skills dont affect it at all.

you could stand in the nexus pool just toggling on and off and get no mana.

Like I said, I forgot that it was a toggle skill. I was merely using the cost as an example. I realize that it doesn't add mana whenever it's used.

Lugignaf wrote:

You do not get it immediately into your mana pool. It adds to your max but that 1/3/4 you get still needs to be regen-ed.

As I said earlier, on Manamune's tooltip it says nothing about only giving 3 mana per ability used (at least not on the one on Moba, it might in game). The one on Moba says that you get 1 mana per attack and 4 mana per ability used, both of which are on a 3 second cooldown.

I realize that it won't take long to regen it if it doesn't give it to you, but it was just something that struck me today and so I was curious. It's not that I don't trust what you said Lugignaf. I would just like to see a source or something like Searz said. Maybe if I posted in the LoL forums I would get a red to respond? I doubt it...

EDIT: This also applies to Archangel's Staff, not just Manamune. I just had Manamune on the brain when I started this thread.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide