Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Additinal rune pages?

Creator: oFrostio February 25, 2012 5:27am
1 2
oFrostio
<Member>
oFrostio's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 5:27am | Report
To get straight to the point,is it worth spending 6.3k IP on those additional rune pages? cuz with only 2 rune pages im very limited to the heroes i can play :/ Since im focus on AD/DPS heroes,and i want some AP ones....and having 1 rune page for AP and the other for AD is a poor choice,as again im very limited...
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 5:50am | Report
Well it's not worth the price, but you really do need it. For example, if you're maining top lane, 5 or 6 of your pages will be for every possible scenario, and the remaining 4 being for stuff like AD, AP, etc.
Protocol
<Member>
Protocol's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 7:42am | Report
Also different champs need different stuff vs different champs. In the high end meta, yes you do need it, in lower ELO's it won't make a difference really.

Much more time efficient to just buy the 7 page bundle.
+Rep if I helped you! | Ahri guide out soon!

Thanks to LeCorpse for my Signature!
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 9:06am | Report
Protocol wrote:

Much more time efficient to just buy the 7 page bundle.

This isn't an option for people who don't spend real life money on LoL. And considering that the seven page bundle can only be bought using RP, I'm pretty sure that "time efficient" is a specious label anyways.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Protocol
<Member>
Protocol's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 11:49am | Report
The 30+ hours it could take to buy 7 pages, or the 2 hours you can work a job and buy it. Your call.
+Rep if I helped you! | Ahri guide out soon!

Thanks to LeCorpse for my Signature!
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 12:30pm | Report
Protocol wrote:

The 30+ hours it could take to buy 7 pages, or the 2 hours you can work a job and buy it. Your call.

Massively specious argument. Like, wow. Let me dismantle your assumptions briefly.

First, these two options are not mutually exclusive. Your argument assumes that they are.

Second, this assumes that to "work a job" is something that one can just wake up in the morning and decide to do. This is not the case in pretty much the entire world, and isn't likely to be for a few years yet, since jobs are a lagging indicator of the economy and the current EU economic crisis makes it likely that the worldwide economy is going to head downwards again in the near future.

Third, your argument doesn't apply to players under the legal working age in any country with child labor laws. Nor does it apply to casual players (like myself), who prefer not to spend money on games that can be played for free; some players would simply rather spend their money elsewhere. Nor does it apply to poor players who might have enough free time to spend 30 hours playing LoL over the course of a month, but can barely afford to pay their expenses already. Nor does it apply to players who are currently unemployed, but who wouldn't have free time to care about LoL if they were. (I can almost feel some red herrings about to be thrown at these, but please don't waste your time; I'll simply call them red herrings and ignore them.)

So. Yeah. I can understand why you'd think your argument is valid, but it's not.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 2:05pm | Report
Runes pages aren't free because Riot runs server space to link said information to your account. If you have a problem buying, or working towards them, you can always enjoy the two free pages you have been given.

If you have a problem with any of the ip or RP pricing your welcome to head over to the Lol fourms and speak your mind there. Aside from that most Mobafire members will agree that runepage pricing is ridiculous, but having worked to gain our own pages we aren't exactly the group to expect pity from. Just a friendly heads up.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 2:22pm | Report
If you play more as a specific role, it would be nice to have 1 or 2 extra rune pages. But if you enjoy many champions and play as any role like me, you'll need lots of rune pages
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 4:06pm | Report
I have 6 runes pages and I still have problems combining my combos in these 6. 10 or something like that and I'm good.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 11:17pm | Report
riot gave 1 free runepage away for something, and i bought the 7 page bundle. i use 8/10 of my runepages, 4 universal ones and 4 more specific ones.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide